I’m doing a project with Arduino and I have problems, I hope you can help me.
My idea is to create a system to the management of my turtle water tank. I begin creating a simple part of the project with a sensor to alert me when the water level is low. If this happens I activate the motor to put water inside the tank again.
I know that I can do this without arduino but I will put more logic in the future.
I create a circuit but something is wrong. (image attached)
I use this components:
- Sensor (http://eud.dx.com/product/1a-water-level-sensor-liquid-float-switch-blue-dc-100-220v-844163750#.U7w7NI1_vN4)
- Motor (http://eud.dx.com/product/hsyy01-water-pump-motor-w-hose-white-silver-844236808#.U7w4u41_vN4)
- Mosfet P for activate the motor.
- Transistor BC547 to control the Gate of the Mosfet
- The battery (6 AA) 9V
- And a Diode to avoid reverse current.
I don’t know why but the motor is very slow and the mosfet is very hot. I measure and the battery has 8,30V but in the motor I have 1,80V. The current is aprox 1,2A.
I don’t have sink in the mosfet but I think that this is not my main problem.
I’m new in electronic and I can’t understand what is happening.
Can you help me?