Circuit for connecting multiple bi-color 3 pin LEDs

I'm working with a project where I need 16 dual LED (red - green) where I need to control each LED indidual (either off, green or red).

I'm using a MEGA 2560 and two MCP23017 to control the LEDs.

Why do you need the MCP23017? Mega has 70 IO pins to drive the 32 pns of the LEDs.

Are the resistors 1K and 12K? or 1.2K? The value is hard to read.

thehardwareman, what is your question?

16x apa106 LEDs would be far simpler. One Arduino pin and no driver chips.

CrossRoads:
Why do you need the MCP23017? Mega has 70 IO pins to drive the 32 pns of the LEDs.

Are the resistors 1K and 12K? or 1.2K? The value is hard to read.

The other output pins are used for other purposes. And in the first place I planned to use a Nano, but realized that I needed more RAM. The PCB was already made.

1K resistor for the red led and 12K for the green led. It gives almost the same intensity.

noiasca:
thehardwareman, what is your question?

Good question. I thought I replied to this topic, but something strange have happened (I quite sure I used the Quick Reply when posting it.)

Maybe Crossroads, who is one of the forum moderators, thought that you were hijacking that other topic and split off your post to a new topic. But he would not have removed the question from your post, so I think you forgot to include your question. Or perhaps you were trying to suggest a solution for the OP in that other topic?

If this was your intention: Your post doesn't answer the question of the thread owner of the other thread.
Your schematic shows 3pin CC LEDs.
The other guy is using bipolar LEDs.

I'm 100% sure I did not start a new topic. So something strange happened when posting it. I have noticed other kind of strange behavior on this site, like clicking "Mark read". Sometime it does not mark the unread threads as read but jump back to the "Arduino Forum > Using Arduino". I then have to go back one page and repeat the "Mark read".

The topic was split as different LEDs were being used, and I think different driver chips.

And if not different chips, then just the different LEDs.

WS2812Bs or similar would make for less hardware.
Thruhole in different diameter (see Sparkfun.com) and SMD versions (from multiple sites) are available.