Circuit Help

Can someone give me a little guidance here. I am wanting to take a varying incoming voltage and output a steady 12 volts.

I am assuming I would need a voltage regulator of some sort but am coming up short with google.

Thanks in advance

If the incoming voltage is below 12 you want a "boost regulator". If it is always well above 12 you could use a "linear regulator" or more efficient "switch-mode regulator". If the input is sometimes above and sometimes below 12V I think you need a "Boost/Buck regulator".