'class String' has no member named 'remove' error with IDE 1.0.6

Hi all - i used the member of the String class 'remove' in some code and found I had to update from IDE 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 to make it work - yay :-)

Now all of a sudden ONE of my PC's with 1.0.6 is throwing 'class String' has no member named 'remove' in the compiler. My other PC's with 1.0.6 will compile the same code. The libraries folder is the same across all machines

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the IDE already without success.

any suggestions on where to look next for the issue??

Stocky: any suggestions on where to look next for the issue??

Go to the Preferences dialog and turn on verbose logging for build. Then read the log results to make sure that WString.h is being included from "Program Files/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WString.h" and not some other place.

Thank you!

I use a network share for my sketches and I had "dumped" a copy of the 1.0.5 hardware & libraries folders in there while I did the upgrade to 1.0.6 so I didnt lose some customisations etc.

When I first put 1.0.6 on it worked fine for a week or so then stopped. Turning on the verbose logging showed that at some point it decided to start looking at the hardware folder on the network share instead of the one in the actual program folder.

Moved the "backup" folders elsewhere and all is happy now :-)