Clean thread. Multiple AC current and voltage detection

https://innovatorsguru.com/pzem-004t-v3/

The way forward I believe...

Quite possibly! I didn't know those existed. Might be just what you need.

Well just grabbed a couple off AliExpress for $4 each. Downloaded the Arduino library and the examples....

But there is always something. Goddam Arduino's fry my brain and induce rage sometimes.
When I add it to my project code I get:

HardwareSerial0.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `Serial':

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_25'

libraries\DMXSerial\DMXSerial.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here

c:/users/steve/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions

HardwareSerial0.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `Serial':

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_26'

libraries\DMXSerial\DMXSerial.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Mega or Mega 2560.

Any ideas how to get around that?

I think that's a separate question for someone else to answer. I could split this topic for you but it would require editing to make sense. Please will you post a new question under Programming questions. You could include a link back to this question to maintain continuity.

Thanks Perry. It's because the DMX library prevents you using any serial ports. What use it that!
No way around it from what I can deduce (lots of other people with the same issue).

Only library I can find that doesn't conflict is the TeensyDMX library.
Maybe I will have to move the project over to a Teensy 3.2 (which is annoying).

Ok. I don't know anything about that library. For your project I just have suggestions for the electronics, I leave the software ideas to someone else.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks for all your assistance Perry. I have abandoned the frustrating world of Arduino's for now.
I swapped the entire project over to a Teensy 3.2 last night, as I know there are no serial conflict issues using a Teensy.

Now the PZEM software for those AC monitoring modules fails to load.
Life's too short to mess around with these annoying things...

C:\Users\steve\Documents\Arduino\10 Way controller\10_way_controller_v6_-_Teensy_3.2\10_way_controller_v6_-_Teensy_3.2.ino:24:24: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'HardwareSerial*' [-fpermissive]

PZEM004Tv30 pzem(22, 23);                                                                                                 // Define the software serial pins for the PZEM modules

In file included from C:\Users\steve\Documents\Arduino\10 Way controller\10_way_controller_v6_-_Teensy_3.2\10_way_controller_v6_-_Teensy_3.2.ino:16:0:

C:\Users\steve\Documents\Arduino\libraries\PZEM-004T-v30-master/PZEM004Tv30.h:65:5: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'PZEM004Tv30::PZEM004Tv30(HardwareSerial*, uint8_t)'

PZEM004Tv30(HardwareSerial port, uint8_t addr=PZEM_DEFAULT_ADDR);

You probably should start a new question in the programming section, I would guess that the people who might know the answer to you programming questions have skipped past this topic because it's about electronics.