Client print hyperlink

I am using the YUN and adapting the REST example. My plan is to have a list of clickable hyperlinks on a webpage to perform various tasks. My question is, is it possible to have the client.print function send a working hyperlink back to the user after executing the task? I have little knowledge of webpage design/function, but have tried sending just the web address (and hoping for automatic hyperlinking in the browser) and sending the link in the HTML embed fashion such as client.print(‘link text’) - neither of which worked. Is sending a working hyperlink through client.print even possible, or am I just spinning my tires?

Javascipt:jQuery get() Method

$("button").click(function(){
    $.get(url_REST, function(data){
        alert("Data: " + data);
    });
});

sonnyyu:
Javascipt:jQuery get() Method

$.get(url_REST, function(data){
        alert("Data: " + data);
    });
});

@Nate_L,
Sonny has given you a good example. You have two choices to create this, use JQuery or Zepto. The preferred is Zepto, but JQuery is more popular (also bloated).

Just like you select a “button” you can select and element by the ID. In the example that Sonny you could have done it differently with just one additional character, this the “#” (pound sign).

It would look like this.

$("#button").click(function(){
versus

Selecting the element this way allows you to select a SPECIFIC button and not the general button. As such, this a favorite trick when inserting text into an HTML page. To do what you want you’ll likely use a SPAN () or DIV (

) element. This is usually referred to as a block.

See: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_blocks.asp

Best of Luck. Let us know how it goes. Ask more question if you feel you need to.
Jesse