clock speed signal?

Hi all,

I am trying to make a signal wireless, that uses several pins. I am able to fill the unsent signals up on both sides. The signal I send (RF) is the DATA pin. But, the one pin that is left that I must send to both sides, is the CLOCK. Is this a pulse signal? or is it a UART message? or something else? Is it necessary for the communication that it is connected to both devices? Btw, the port I am talking about is the keyboard PS/2 port. I do not know in which direction the CLOCK signal goes, so maybe I only have to emulate the source of the signal within the other device?

Thanks in advance, masteRens (not new to arduino any longer, I have been working with it now)

I don't even understand the question.

I think he is trying to make a wireless keyboard that plugs into a PS/2 port on a PC (ie, transceiver on the PS/2 port, tranceiver @ keyboard - presumably with arduinos somewhere in the mix).

For his answer - yes, you need to send the clock signal; plus it is a two-way system - the computer sends information to the keyboard, and there is a microcontroller in the keyboard that sends data back to the PC - so you need to take that into account as well.

Thank you for your replies. So, how do I send multiple signals over one antenna or how do I send to independent signal without them mixing?

Thanks in advance, masteRens

EDIT: I have found the answer, and I am not happy :( The clock signal is a pulse generator (*2 i guess?), so I cannot emulate it without another processor/microcontroller/arduino/etc. Is there a way to make this connection work after all (PS/2 wireless)?

Ask the guy who decided that a carriage pulled by a horse shouldnt be rolling around on logs ;)

Its a learning thing, many people prefer to make things they have seen in action just to see if they can. Even if he doesnt finish he's still going to have learnt something.

he's still going to have learnt something.

I wish he would start by learning to ask a question properly.

Manchester encoding the two signal AKA XORing together and sending that XOR'ed signal over the RF and then recovering back the clock and the signal, or it doesn't work for this?

ive wikipedia'd this, and I it might be just the thing I am looking for. But how do I XOR a signal without having any inputs left on the arduino (so without arduino) and no arduino on the other side? microcontrollers are kinda hard to get in my country, so is there some already-done device that has this in it? I have found that buying a device that uses a component that I need is usually much cheaper than ordering it from the USA or buying it on a Dutch webshop (Holland it is :)) So, is there an Manchester Encoder thingy somewhere around there? Is it something I could buy in the do-it-yourself-electronics shop in the next city? They didnt even sell pic's... And how expensive is it?

Thanks in advance, masteRens

EDIT: Did I see it wrong, or is it just an invertor that only inverts when the DATA is high?

EDIT2: I get it now, I think I know a way to decode it, and I know how to encode it. But for the decoding, wouldnt you need to know the clock speed to be able to convert it back? Or should I hook a pot to the µc I am thinking of using to set the serial speed? (ps: can you send serial signals from an ordinary pic?)

But how do I XOR a signal without having any inputs left on the arduino

A logic gate will perform an exclusive OR for you if you have no inputs left so that you can't do it in software. A 74LS86 is one such gate, it should be less than 1?.

No, I need to do it without it, because the receiver of the PS/2 data doesn't have an arduino in it. Should I buy a Manchester Decoder? Or is it not the best solution to use Manchester code (maybe i could use a µc and analogWrite() or something like that to design my own code.) It is just to make my modded keyboard wireless...

Should I buy a Manchester Decoder?

As far as I know there is no such thing in a box.

because the receiver of the PS/2 data doesn't have an arduino in it.

???? A 74LS86 is not an arduino it is a chip so it matters not if there is no arduino.

Where is the arduino? Or are you just asking on an Arduino forum a non arduino related question?

Thank you for your response. The Arduino is inside the modded keyboard. I have completely no idea what a 74LS86 is, but I have seen that there are manchester encoder/decoders that you can buy online. But I am sending the data over RF wirelessly to a new device (Yet To Build) That I hook up to my PS/2 port, making the keyboard (modded USING ARDUINO) wireless.

I have completely no idea what a 74LS86

You wanted to do an exclusive OR without an arduino so I said you could use a 74LS86. For the lats time IT IS A LOGIC CHIP http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=74LS86&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=GGrZTNTiJ9C7hAfSprTcAg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CCkQsAQwAQ&biw=1099&bih=647

Why would I want to do an exclusive OR? I thought Manchester code was the plusminus effect: 1 = + 0 = -

10 = +- (if you add a minus, you have a minus) 01 = -+ (if you substract a plus, you have a nothing, so it is not a plus) 00 = -- (if you substract a minus, you dont have any minus left, so it is a plus) 11 = ++ (if you add a plus, you have a plus)

Why would I want to do an exclusive OR?

Because in relpy #8 you said:-

But how do I XOR a signal

because:- original data XOR clock = Manchester value

I thought Manchester code was the plusminus effect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_code

oh... it is just being changed rapidly? otherwise I would not have any idea what i had to do. I think I misunderstood the way Manchester Code works. Isnt it the plusminus effect? And yes, I had read the wikipedia page already

Isnt it the plusminus effect?

No.

Then what is it?

It is described in that Wiki page.

Manchester encoding is a special case of binary phase-shift keying (BPSK), where the data controls the phase of a square wave carrier whose frequency is the data rate.

ah... I dont really understand. English is not my prim. language. But I will try to decipher it.