Closed loops speed control dc motor

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a program to control DC motor by 3 loops(see attached file). First is PI controller for current, 2th is P controller for speed, 3th is P controller for amount of mass (material). Feedback I get from shunt resistor, tahometer, load cells.

Aladin40: Hi everyone,

I am looking for a program to control DC motor by 3 loops(see attached file). First is PI controller for current, 2th is P controller for speed, 3th is P controller for amount of mass (material). Feedback I get from shunt resistor, tahometer, load cells.

Good luck with your search to meet such a specific requirement. You could, of course, write it yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

Hi, what experience do you have with electronics, programming, hardware and control systems.

What will be your primary control variable, motor speed, motor current, or motor torque?

What is the application?

Thanks .. Tom........ :)

Application is bunker that need to fill with amount of material by controlling a conveyer. So the primery variable is signal from load cell (3th loop).

I have a hard time believing the operation you describe would require a controller of anywhere near that complexity. Wjy wouldn't a simple proportional controller work, or PI alone?

The standard Arduino PID can be used to build what you want, but good luck tuning it once you've built it....

Regards, Ray L.