cmath library error uploading to arduino

If I use the computer the code was originally written on everything works fine. But I am getting the following error trying to upload my program to Arduino using a new computer:

…\Arduino\libraries\T_Motor\T_Motor.cpp:13:17: fatal error: cmath: No such file or directory
#include

I keep getting this error when I use the new computer. I thought that cmath was a common C++ library.

What is T_Motor for library ?

beedoebeedoe:
If I use the computer the code was originally written on everything works fine. But I am getting the following error trying to upload my program to Arduino using a new computer:

…\Arduino\libraries\T_Motor\T_Motor.cpp:13:17: fatal error: cmath: No such file or directory
#include

I keep getting this error when I use the new computer. I thought that cmath was a common C++ library.

should that be #include <cmath.h>

Note the “h”

Cheers pete

beedoebeedoe: trying to upload my program to Arduino using a new computer:

What operating system is the new computer running? What type of Arduino are you using? Are you able to upload the standard examples to this Arduino on the new computer? Which Arduino IDE version are you using? Is it the same version used on the previous PC? Which 3rd party libraries are used on the new PC? Are they the same library versions and installed in the same locations as on the old PC?

PeterH:

beedoebeedoe:
trying to upload my program to Arduino using a new computer:

What operating system is the new computer running?
What type of Arduino are you using?
Are you able to upload the standard examples to this Arduino on the new computer?
Which Arduino IDE version are you using?
Is it the same version used on the previous PC?
Which 3rd party libraries are used on the new PC?
Are they the same library versions and installed in the same locations as on the old PC?

1. WIndows 8 on the new computer. Original computer has windows 7.
  2. Arduino Due R3
  3. I had not. I tried the Blink example and managed to get that to work after selecting the correct Arduino board and COM port
  4. 1.5.7
  5. No. Originally it was written on 1.5.6R2. I tried using that version to upload and I got two different errors.
    6.Same
  6. Yes

Thank you for your help and suggestions. Your questions were a big help in trouble shooting this issue. After getting the Blink example to work it became clear that the issue was resolved after having the correct board and port selected. :slight_smile:

All is well.

beedoebeedoe: the issue was resolved after having the correct board and port selected. :)

That always helps. :) Glad you have resolved the issue.