CNC 3018 Pro Stopped communicating

I purchased a MySweety CNC-3018Pro, from Amazon, back in March (2020). It was working fine, both the Spindle and laser.

Then the world fell apart and I haven't had a chance to get back to it, until a few days ago.

Originally I was using a laptop with Windows 10. When I tried to use the machine a few days ago I connected it to a different Windows 10 system.

I installed the driver that came with the machine. I connected the USB cable to the PC and started lasergrbl. When I tried to focus the laser it did not turn on. The control board lights up when power is applied and the laser control board and laser cooling fans both spin.

I powered everything down, disconnected everything and then started all over again thinking that maybe I did something wrong, but had the same results.

I tried the optional external control, yes I disconnected the USB cable first. When the control powered up I tried to "jog" the motors X, Y, and Z but nothing moved.

I figured that maybe the control board no long was working so I switched the control board to another I had purchased about a year ago. It is a CronosMaker with an external control as well.

I tried connecting to Both the PC and laptop but same result. I next tried the external controller that came with the Cronos, but still no luck.

With the Cronos I also tried to re-load the firmware figuring maybe the Cronos might need to either updated or reloaded. Every time I tried Xloader would lock up and hang. I would have to kill the process to end it. I let it run for over a half an hour and it simply would not load.

I verified the com port in the device manager. I also verified that the baud rate was set to 115200 & 8-N-1.

So this my question; What the heck could possibly be the problem? What do I try next?

The only thing I can't test is the individual motors themselves, but I have a hard time believing that all 3 motors are dead just from sitting for several months.

Can anyone please help with this?

I use lasergrbl here.
To focus a laser there is only the Z step option unless you write a macro to do something ?
Here my macro used to be 2.5 mm up or down.
However you need to include a command to turn ON the laser as the simple up down does not do it on its own.

The command is the spindle command but I use a low spindle speed to stop the laser from coming on and doing a burn S5 to about S15 depending on the laser power.

To check most of the board / boards try simple jog movements and ensure they are first working.
Some of the "combined" boards have a MOSFET that is prone to failure but can generally be replaced with some simple soldering for something a little better.

Bob.

Your topic was Moved to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Once you know the focal point make yourself a little gauge and simply wind the Z down by hand until it touches it.
Its an old but very effective method and one I use here.

It makes for very quick focus adjustment to the work piece.

Bob.