CNC Thread ~~

Hey guys. I understand there’s this thread for motors and things that can be used in a CNC router or mill or whatever, but I think it’d be very useful if there was a thread dedicated just to CNC. That way people could post about things and not have to clarify or explain what they’re about. And software could also be discussed, as could hardware and drivers specifically to CNC, so nothing would be “out of topic”.

Just an opinion, but it’d be genuinely helpful. Also, I think it would build the population on here even more, as it would show up in Google as “Arduino CNC Questions” or something like that. Maybe G code could be discussed as well, and shared among members who need newbie help with certain CNC projects.

Shane

Pick and place.

That would be a brilliant application for a makerbot mod.

www.cnczone.com

Isn't there a GRBL forum?

I am very interested in CNC with an Arduino but I am very strongly opposed to more fragmentation by adding another topic to the Arduino forum. There are already far too many topics.

I have said before that I would much prefer if it was possible to apply tags to posts and threads so that (for example) one could find cnc stuff regardless of where it is in the forum. The available tags could be controlled by the moderators so that there was consistent spelling and no duplication.

Unfortunately making suggestions for changes to the forum is like talking to yourself.

...R

There is a search bar, it works. I wish people used it more!

(And I'm sure the moderators don't want their workload tripled!)

MarkT: There is a search bar, it works. I wish people used it more!

(And I'm sure the moderators don't want their workload tripled!)

Stackexchange uses tags very effectively. In my opinion it is more useful than searching when you just want to group things. Tags force consistency and without it searches can miss useful posts.

And it would not be much extra work for moderators - the whole point of tags is to limit their number.

...R