Cocktail Project

Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to make cocktail machine for a school project. I have to design and realize the electronic circuit and I don't know how to manage this! The only thing I know is that I'll have an arduino to drive 5 electrovalves (http://www.ode-france.fr/docpdf/21D72KRS90-L.pdf). The electrovalves need to have a 24V input.

I think I will need to get some 24V from the 220V and I need to commute it!

Could someone help me please??

Thanks a lot

Yes, at least you need a 24V power supply. You need too a 12V power supply to the Arduino board itself, so, you can't find 12V electrovalves?

Note that you can't supply 24V to the Arduino board:

OUPS, my electrovalves work on 12V :smiley:
Does that change something?

Is much better, yes, because I believe that you don't want that your "cocktail machine" only work connected to a PC.

So, you need a power supply to convert the "wall voltage" to 12V (for the Arduino board, and the electrovalves). You need a few key to select your cocktail. You need to shake the cocktail (don't?). Any idea about that? You need some interface between the Arduino and the electrovalves (the Arduino is not "strong enough" to turn on that kind of device). Look for example to this.

And after all this is understood, you need to program your sketch.

Do a search - I've seen something like this before. It used a stepper motor to move the glass between the bottles and it was raised to dispense the liquid by an optic.

dannable:
Do a search - I've seen something like this before. It used a stepper motor to move the glass between the bottles and it was raised to dispense the liquid by an optic.

By far the easiest and most hygienic method. Also, stirring is easier than shaking.