Code for Arduino UNO R3 to Control Touchscreen Shield

Hi everyone. I bought a touchscreen shield from adafruit. I'm looking to use the Arduino Uno R3 to control the touchscreen shield. I just need some simple code, but I couldn't find any codes for my purposes. Basically all I want is a 2 layer deep screen where I press one button and that takes me to the screen where I can choose from one of two options.

This sounds like a simple function, but I couldn't find any codes for it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Im not sure if there already exists a touch library that does that but, you can do what I did, and make your own submenu. It is not that hard, but then again it is also not easy. Basically what you want to do is this.

press the on screen button. Set a lockout variable (Smenu1 = true) => Look at the state of the lockout variable, is it true? YES, lockout previous screen, clear the screen and load new screen display. NO, go back to previous screen OR go to another screen.

I'd give you an example of my code, but I am currently at work and do not have it right now. I made a video on my Youtube channel "HazardOfExistance" demonstrating my touch screen. Check it out.

HazardsMind: Im not sure if there already exists a touch library that does that but, you can do what I did, and make your own submenu. It is not that hard, but then again it is also not easy. Basically what you want to do is this.

press the on screen button. Set a lockout variable (Smenu1 = true) => Look at the state of the lockout variable, is it true? YES, lockout previous screen, clear the screen and load new screen display. NO, go back to previous screen OR go to another screen.

I'd give you an example of my code, but I am currently at work and do not have it right now. I made a video on my Youtube channel "HazardOfExistance" demonstrating my touch screen. Check it out.

Thanks for the reply. Does your code only work with your touch screen version?

Most likely. I bought my TFT on eBay, so I got the libraries from the seller.