Code for robot wont work

I bought an arduino robot from oddwires.com, this is my first arduino robot I have ever built and I'm a complete noob. Every time I try uploading the sketch I get: Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 3,736 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 84 bytes (4%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,964 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Why did you not respond to the questions you were asked last time you posted this question:- http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=420911.msg2899774#msg2899774

Basically those error messages mean that the computer is not finding the Arduino to talk to. Either the computer has the wrong port or the Arduino is broken.

Oh

I make many hundreds of robot kits and the instructions I have for beginning users are here: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/RobotKitMenu-1

Give that a try and let us know...

I plugged the cord into the USB port on my laptop, and tried uploading the code... But I do see that there are no lights blinking on the arduino board.

Hi, Any lights on at all when you plug the lead in both ends? Is this your robot?

Tom... :)

randomnoob2

Not sure what your problem is, but I have had this too when using a faulty USB lead.

Also, have you gone to the IDE ‘Tools’ tab and set ‘Board’ and ‘Port’ correctly. For some reason it works best with the highest Port number - or the one marked Arduino.

TomGeorge: Hi, Any lights on at all when you plug the lead in both ends? Is this your robot?

Tom... :)

That's the one. No lights turn on on the motor shield or arduino.

I have done some more tests, and I have figured out and seen that it only cannot find the right port when the motor shield is plugged in. I tried just the uno and the lights turned on, and it found the correct port.