Code help. adafruit 2.8 18bit TFT Touch

Hi, I was wondering , Well hoping really maybe you could write me a simple code for the ILI9328 2.8 18bit TFT touch.

There's a lot of code not commented in the examples and there's not a lot of examples to work off of. so I'm trying to break it down as efficiently as I can.

If you or someone who has one of these would be kind enough to spare a lil time to write me a simple code that

Puts a small box on the screen, (any color) text somewhere on the screen, (any text) so the box can be touched and pin 13 led lights up. (any pin would be fine just thought pin 13 would be easiest)

I'm using a mega but that really doesn't matter I can just change the pin locations in the code. (So if it's written for a uno or whatever that is fine.)

The project I'm working on is a fan and led controller for a pc case and these are the basic functions i need to understand using this screen to write the rest.

Please and thank you. nathan.

P.s. just a question. Do these support bitmaps like the GLCD's Also is there a way to make the text write long ways instead of the narrow way. (I.e. ccw 90° ) I want to use it with the pins on the left and right not top and bottom.

How much money you got?

People aren’t normally up for writing code for people. If you have a go and it doesn’t work - then you could ask for help.
I doubt anyone is going to write the code for you though.

Having a go is what im doing. This is a new lcd screen and there is only two examples written for it with little comments as to explain the functions. I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me. I was just looking for a little help from anyone who understands this particular screen's functions but than I. So if you can't help me or answer any of my simple questions than keep your lame non helpful remarks to yourself.

I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me.

Computer's don't lie:

If you or someone who has one of these would be kind enough to spare a lil time to write me a simple code that

Puts a small box on the screen, (any color) text somewhere on the screen, (any text) so the box can be touched and pin 13 led lights up. (any pin would be fine just thought pin 13 would be easiest)

Looks to me like you are/were asking someone to write the code for you.

So if you can't help me or answer any of my simple questions than keep your lame non helpful remarks to yourself.

I have some knowledge of this screen and many posts/examples I could link you to but the search tool on the forum will direct you to most of those and with that kind of attitude towards people, the search tool is probably your best bet.

mowcius: How much money you got?

IF you spent as much time helping people as you do asking for money from new members you might have actually helped me.

mowcius: I have some knowledge of this screen and many posts/examples I could link you to

Proof your an idiot. This screens library has only been out for too weeks if there was good examples on this site or any other I wouldn't have asked. the code i asked for would have resulted in what maybe ten lines of code. Hardly completes any full project. true there are other 2.8 tft touch codes our there but, not for this new screen using adafruit's library.

All i was really looking for was some code with comments as to there function. Since you can't help and only choose to hound new forum members. Thank God Ladyada was of more help. I will never use your forums again and i will detour others as well.

peace to the rest of you.

look thecomputerguy. you're getting nothing done. mowcius has been here for pretty much forever, Posts: 4544. he knows his sh*t. if you ask politely im sure he can help you, but you need to let it go. he wasnt asking for money as a bribe, he was just making a point that if you want everything done for you then you're offering a job, not a question. 1.)find out exactly what you want to do. 2.) break it into pieces and ask for help with the pieces. 3.) put it all together. 4.) get stuff done.

I did ask politely And i was greeted with hostility. I don't care if he has a million posts. I asked a question and was told to F*** off.

ADMIN's remove my PROFILE.

END of line.

calm down MCP. no need for end of lines. look, the senior members aren't always the nicest. but if you stick around for a bit i guarantee you'll learn some good stuff. ignore the sarcasm and youll go far. i know i learned a ton from here and it has come in handy so many times.

I asked a question and was told to F*** off.

Not that I know of.

Thank God Ladyada was of more help. I will never use your forums again and i will detour others as well.

Well you posted exactly the same thing on there, waited 7 hours, decided someone probably should have posted and then posted again. Then you got one response from ladyada (or someone else at adafruit) (who makes the display) which didn't solve your problem.

Proof your an idiot. This screens library has only been out for too weeks if there was good examples on this site or any other I wouldn't have asked. the code i asked for would have resulted in what maybe ten lines of code. Hardly completes any full project. true there are other 2.8 tft touch codes our there but, not for this new screen using adafruit's library.

This and other screens I was referring to use the same display driver chip (or a very similar one depending on version) and there is lots of code for that display which you could easily adapt. Nobody said you have to use the adafruit library.

Adafruit is no doubt a better place to ask about this display anyway as they made it and wrote the library. They also were no doubt not too impressed by your request for someone to write the code for you but they're going to be as positive as possible seeing as they made the display and would no doubt like to keep you as a customer.

I did ask politely

Well hoping really maybe you could write me a simple code for the ILI9328 2.8 18bit TFT touch.

No matter how nicely you ask someone to write the code for you, you're still asking someone to do it for you which is not classed as polite.

On a post, posting code is good, asking specific questions about some code is good, having a go yourself if essential, asking someone to do it for you is not good (that would normally have to involve some incentive and would be classed as a job offer).

Mowcius

Anyways figured it out. Thanks to ideas given to me.

If anyone needs it here you go.

If you would like text to go long ways instead of default direction. In your TFTLCD.cpp change the following:

void TFTLCD::drawString(uint16_t x, uint16_t y, char c,
uint16_t color, uint8_t size) {
while (c[0] != 0) {
drawChar(x, y, c[0], color, size);
y -= size
6; // was x += size6; effects write direction of strings
c++;
}
}
// draw a character
void TFTLCD::drawChar(uint16_t x, uint16_t y, char c,
uint16_t color, uint8_t size) {
for (uint8_t i =0; i<5; i++ ) {
uint8_t line = pgm_read_byte(font+(c
5)+i);
for (uint8_t j = 0; j<8; j++) {
if (line & 0x1) {
if (size == 1) // default size
drawPixel(x+j, y-i, color); // was: drawPixel(x+i, y+j, color); // effect char == default size
else { // big size
fillRect(x+jsize, y-isize, size, size, color); //was: (x+isize, y+jsize, color) effect Char > default size
}
}
line >>= 1;
}
}
}

Enjoy!!!