Code not loading to Board

Hi, this is the first time I’ve tried using my Arduino and I’ve downloaded the drivers etc, but this message keeps popping up when I’m trying to load it to the board:

Arduino: 1.6.11 Hourly Build 2016/08/05 06:33 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Sketch uses 2,162 bytes (6%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 56 bytes (2%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,992 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/bin/avrdude”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:130)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:209)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1187)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1160)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1132)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2409)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 9 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

What should I do?

It seems a few of us are getting similar problems, I asked almost the same question yesterday. Last night I found pressing the reset button on the Arduino worked for me. You could always give that a try and come back for more answers if it doesn't.

Thanks, but it did not work. Btw I am using the Uno.

Draconate:
Thanks, but it did not work. Btw I am using the Uno.

The hourly build of the IDE often has problems. The last official release, V1.6.10, also has a number of problems.

IDE V1.6.9 was the last stable release of the IDE. (I'm sticking with it until I hear of the next release that's bug-free and worth upgrading to.)
Prior to that, the last stable version was 1.6.5.

If I were in your position, I'd uninstall V1.6.11 and install 1.6.9.
You'll find it here:-
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#previous

Edit: For a really clean install, before uninstalling V1.6.11, if you click on ">File >Preferences" in the IDE, at the bottom of the window you'll see the path to the "Arduino15" folder. Copy it down, then after uninstalling, delete that folder before installing V1.6.9.

OldSteve:
The hourly build of the IDE often has problems. The last official release, V1.6.10, also has a number of problems.

IDE V1.6.9 was the last stable release of the IDE. (I'm sticking with it until I hear of the next release that's bug-free and worth upgrading to.)
Prior to that, the last stable version was 1.6.5.

If I were in your position, I'd uninstall V1.6.11 and install 1.6.9.
You'll find it here:-
Arduino - OldSoftwareReleases

Edit: For a really clean install, before uninstalling V1.6.11, if you click on ">File >Preferences" in the IDE, at the bottom of the window you'll see the path to the "Arduino15" folder. Copy it down, then after uninstalling, delete that folder before installing V1.6.9.

Thanks! It Worked just fine!

Draconate:
Thanks! It Worked just fine!

Excellent. Glad to hear it. :slight_smile:
(Not everything is that easy to fix. :frowning: )