code not running

i am beginner on arduino , i install it successfully, i am use Arduino 1.6.3 IDE i am select COM6 port and arduino uno board , i am download zip file and extract it in C driver

and if i try to run this code :

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  Serial.println("Welcome to Arduino");
  Serial.println("Congratulations, you've done a great job!");
  while(1);
}

i get this error :

Sketch uses 1,832 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 202 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,846 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

please tell me what can i do ? i am beginner , pls tell me step by stm what can i do

thanks

That's the best kind of error to get. What happens when you open the serial monitor?

What error?

i don't understand u ?

i am beginner, i am follow this link for lesson 1 http://wiki.epalsite.com/index.php?title=Starter_Kit_for_Arduino#Lesson_1_Welcome_to_Arduino

no error

when i verify that code i get message

Sketch uses 1,832 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 202 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,846 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

what can i do ?

What happens when you upload your code to your Arduino, and open the serial monitor?

nasr25: no error

when i verify that code i get message

Sketch uses 1,832 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 202 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,846 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

what can i do ?

You can now hit the upload button to send the code to the microcontroller. Then once it says upload complete, you open the serial monitor and see your message displayed.

The message you are seeing is the message that shows upon a successful verification. It is telling you that everything is good to go.

Do you know how to open the Arduino serial monitor? If so, make sure the monitor baud rate is set to 9600.

i don't know how to open the Arduino serial monitor?

when i press upload button i get same problem

Sketch uses 1,888 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 244 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,804 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

its run

when i use this examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcXmUjAJp-8

but what that message mean ?

Sketch uses 1,298 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 15 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,033 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

I think you would benifit by watching some instructional video examples: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxzA9_kg6s

nasr25: but what that message mean ?

Sketch uses 1,298 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 15 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,033 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

Those messages mean everything was successful. They are just telling you how large your program is once it is compiled. Your program isn't very big. But the most important thing it is telling you is that your code is correct.

Hi nasr -

this message :

Sketch uses 1,298 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 15 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,033 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

Is telling you, that everything is okay. It is a service message that tells you how much memory the program uses. Have you noticed, that the message area has a green boarder ? This also tells you that everything is okay.

ok when i am use this code

void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: Serial.begin(9600); }

void loop() { // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: Serial.println("Welcome to Arduino"); Serial.println("Congratulations, you've done a great job!"); while(1); }

no printing Welcome to Arduino & Congratulations, you've done a great job!

why ???

Have you opened the serial monitor or other suitable terminal emulator?

i don't know how to open the Arduino serial monitor?

When you hover your mouse over the Magnifier icon (in the top right hand corner of the IDE window) you will see the tool tip "Serial Monitor".

Left click on this icon.

thanks everybody

i understand u now