Code , steppers motors and clock

Hello I have two big problems for my project , firstly i don't find code to controls 4 stepper motors and i don't know where to learn how to code it my self secondly the project is to make a braille watch so the 4 steppers need to be control by a sort of clock , my idea is to turn 4 cylinder with braille number on it so the first cylinder need to turn every minute the seconde every ten minute the third every 1hour and the fourth every 10 hours but i didn't find anything either ( i don't know if its clear sorry ) at this time i made this (i think it should work but not sure).

I use a arduino mini , L293D Driver , and this stepper motors .

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/5pcs-Miniature-10MM-2-Phase-4-Wire-Stepper-Motor-Brushless-Motor-Copper-Gear9H/223031734017?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 . Thanks you so much if you can help me in any way this project mean a lot for me .

Not following dodgy links to get your code. Post it here if you want help.

These links may provide some background information although I have never used those small motors.

Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

An L293 is a poor choice for driving stepper motors as it is old technology and inefficient.

...R

I ordered some A4988 are they better and i already read those topic .

and i can’t upload image … this doesn’t work with my link

Oh it's an image. I thought it was code. There are instructions on the forum for how to attach your image.

Finally i understand what was wrong with the link ...
and its a little bit messy because its the first time i use this program ^^

Oh and i read a topic where one of you discuss about newbies and its said anyone will do the code for another but the fact is even i want to learn i have no idea where to start ...

kriss525:
i have no idea where to start ...

Start with the Blink example. Make an led blink. Learn the basic structure of a sketch. Then move on to Blink Without Delay. Learn to make two leds blink at different rates. Then move on to making a single stepper work. Then two. Then four. Finally you will be getting close to putting everything together and you will actually know where to start.

Right now you're trying to learn to swim by jumping in the deep end. That's not a good idea. Learn to crawl first, then walk, and then run.

And from your experience how many time it will take to achieve the skill to make my project and is it possible to tell the stepper to turn 1 time every seconde , minute , hour (its the most importante ) ? thanks you and i will try but i really don't like to code im more manual.

Another good idea for beginners, Google "C++ tutorial" and spend a couple of days learning the language. It isn't hard if you're willing to start from the beginning and work your way through. If you're looking for a quick fix and instant gratification then you're in the wrong hobby.

kriss525:
And from your experience how many time it will take to achieve the skill to make my project and is it possible to tell the stepper to turn 1 time every seconde , minute , hour (its the most importante ) ? thanks you and i will try but i really don't like to code im more manual.

Can you please make use of some capital letters and a little punctuation? Write like you have a little bit of education and intelligence. It will do a lot for you in life. You don't want people to read your posts and think you are a moron.

How long it will take depends on how much effort you put in and how well you learn.

Yes it is possible to tell a stepper to turn in that way. Would be a pretty crappy microcontroller if it couldn't handle that simple stuff. Have you seen some of the things people do with Arduino? Way more complicated than this.

If you don't like to code then you've definitely chosen the wrong hobby. You can always go to the Gigs section and offer to pay someone to write for you.

Im not good in French so in English its even worse and well i will learn how to code it by my self one thing i hate more than coding its paying for stuff i can do for free .
Thanks you very much for your time i re contact you when i finished the code .

kriss525:
Im not good

A piss poor excuse not to even try.

ok.

Hello ,
I used my brain and i came to this code :

/*
 Stepper Motor Control - one revolution

This program drives a unipolar or bipolar stepper motor.
 The motor is attached to digital pins 8 - 11 of the Arduino.

The motor should revolve one revolution in one direction, then
 one revolution in the other direction.

Created 11 Mar. 2007
 Modified 30 Nov. 2009
 by Tom Igoe

*/

#include <Stepper.h>

const int stepsPerRevolution = 20;  // change this to fit the number of steps per revolution
// for your motor

// initialize the stepper library on pins 8 through 11:
Stepper myStepper1(stepsPerRevolution, 2, 3, 4, 5);
Stepper myStepper2(stepsPerRevolution, 10, 11, 12, 13);
Stepper myStepper3(stepsPerRevolution, 14, 15, 16, 17);
void setup() {
  // set the speed at 60 rpm:
  myStepper1.setSpeed(60);
  myStepper2.setSpeed(60);
  myStepper3.setSpeed(60);
  // initialize the serial port:
  Serial.begin(9600);
} 

void loop() {
  // step one revolution  in one direction:
  Serial.println("5");
  myStepper1.step(stepsPerRevolution);
  delay (100);
  myStepper2.step(stepsPerRevolution);
  delay (100);
  myStepper3.step(stepsPerRevolution);
  delay (500);
}

and it work … almost the thing is it only work when I wired up the Arduino the stepper and the driver that way

I need to remove the Cyan wire ( i really don’t know why ) but not every where only on the 1st en 3rd stepper … if they are wired up the stepper don’t turn is just like vibrating . ( the code when he work make move the first stepper 20 steps than the seconde than the third and Stepper myStepper3(stepsPerRevolution, 14, 15, 16, 17); 14 i the pin A0 ,15 is A1, 16 is A2, 17 is A3 )
So my questions is whats wrong , the code ? the way i wired all the thing ?

Please change F**ing to the schematic view. It is much easier to read that way, although it does not look as pretty.

Its such a mess you will see nothing in image the easiest way is to give you the fritzing file ,

https://uptobox.com/cxwk4jpk7xlq

sorry.

If you edit the schematic to have a logical flow of input to output left to right and power at top then you can usually make it very neat and readable.

Does F**ing have ground symbols? Use them instead of scribbling ground all over the schematic.

I don't understand sorry .

You edit the schematic to make it easier to read.

You help us to help you.