Coding Help needed - Analyzing Analog Music dominant frequenzy for WS2812 LED

Hey, I want to make a LED music visualizer, i have already wrote a little sketch mapping the analog music input from my computer and making a led bar flashing to the music. But what I really want is to analyze the Songs dominant frequencys (3 or so, for bass, mids and highs) and get their value so i can flash the leds to the frequency (or a factor of them). But this is far beyond my knowledge so im asking here for help. I know there is a Arduino Arduino FFT Library but i got no idea how to use it.

Edit: knowing the frequenzy of the main bassline at all times so the leds change with the changing bassline would be plenty for a start.

This is an extremely popular topic, so google "arduino music visualizer" for thousands of examples.

The [u]MSGEQ7[/u] will give you 7 frequency bancs. If you only want 3 bands you can ignore 4 bands or combine them in software.

The software for this chip requires some tricky timing but it's not as complicated as FFT.

I know there are a lot of these around, but i have gone thought most of them and they are different from what i want, they mostly just divide the spectrum into some parts and average them. I want to detect and analyze the frequency of e.g. the bassline (like a peak detection with frequency output).

This MSGEQ7 chip is interesting, this might be what im looking for. I must somehow get the Arduino to work with the Multiplexer if I want to use the data but that is possible no doubt. I will definitely look into that!

I must somehow get the Arduino to work with the Multiplexer if I want to use the data

What multiplexer?

I read the MSGEQ7 Chip multiplexes the Data. But the chip wont help me with what i want to do, it only has 7 bands, if i want to follow the bassline as it goes up and down in tone i need a continuous tracking of it and this is far beyond my skills.

if i want to follow the bassline as it goes up and down in tone i need a continuous tracking of it and this is far beyond my skills.

That is not exactly what you said at the start.

Yes that is far beyond your skills and also beyond the capabilities of this processor so you are on a hiding to nothing.