coding troubleshoot!

i am having the biggest problem with the arduino coding for the automatic dog feeder i am making. i have the arduino uno, protoshield, servo, PBNO, and a 9v power supply. and i am using the coding that the original person used. But at the beginning it say:
int btn = 0;
int test = 5;
void setup()}

and it says there is an error in these 3 lines of the coding saying there was an error because setup was void, PLEASE HELP. i cannot figure it out for my life!

arduino.jpg

Post your code, not a picture, and post the exact error message.

void setup()}

Your brace is the wrong way round

#include <TimeAlarms.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <Servo.h>
#define BUTTON A1

Servo servo1;
btn = 0 ;
int test = 5 ;
void setup(8,30,00,6,6,13){
setTime(hr,min,sec,day,month,year);//Set to approximate time, try to get it within a few minutes
Serial.begin(9600);
//Set to approximate time, try to get it within a few minutes
Alarm.alarmRepeat(7,30,0, MorningAlarm); // 7:30am every day
Alarm.alarmRepeat(17,30,0, EveningAlarm); //5:30pm every day
servo1.attach(A0); //analog pin 0
servo1.write(0); //set servo to position 0
)
void loop()(
btn = digitalRead(BUTTON); //read state of override button
if (btn == HIGH)(
Food();

digitalClockDisplay();
Alarm.delay(1000); //wait one second between clock display[/color]

void digitalClockDisplay()
( // digital clock display of the time
Serial.print(hour));
printDigits(minute());
printDigits(second());
Serial.print1n();
)

it's saying there's a variable error or field 'setup' declared void in lines 7 8 and 9

Your putting ( ) where there should be { }

void setup(8,30,00,6,6,13){ // Is this valid? setTime(hr,min,sec,day,month,year);//Set to approximate time, try to get it within a few minutes Serial.begin(9600); //Set to approximate time, try to get it within a few minutes Alarm.alarmRepeat(7,30,0, MorningAlarm); // 7:30am every day Alarm.alarmRepeat(17,30,0, EveningAlarm); //5:30pm every day servo1.attach(A0); //analog pin 0 servo1.write(0); //set servo to position 0 ) // needs to be } void loop() ( // { btn = digitalRead(BUTTON); //read state of override button if (btn == HIGH) ( // { Food();

digitalClockDisplay(); Alarm.delay(1000); //wait one second between clock display } // added a closing bracket void digitalClockDisplay() ( // digital clock display of the time Serial.print(hour ) ); // you have an extra " ) " printDigits(minute()); printDigits(second()); Serial.print1n(); that l is a one "1" )

HazardsMind:

void setup(8,30,00,6,6,13){ // Is this valid?

No. That is not a valid declaration of formal arguments, and in any case the setup function does not take any arguments.

I know its not valid, I was asking nattyD96 if (s)he thinks its valid.