coin dispenser with bill acceptor

hey guys. i am trying to make a coin dispenser with a bill acceptor so that when i put in $5 it dispenses one coin and with $20 it dispenses 5 coins. i am totally new to arduino. i would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this. thanks. :slight_smile:

You first.

I have no clue what a bill acceptor is except that you feed it money. (Sounds like my teenage daughter). Post the data sheet and any technical details that come with the acceptor. A schematic would be nice.

SteveMann:
I have no clue what a bill acceptor is except that you feed it money.

And that would be the case.

So I agree. ack_8924 needs to cite the datasheet that came with the "bill acceptor". I'd hazard it was not cheap either!

Incidentally,

ack_8924:
when i put in $5 it dispenses one coin and with $20 it dispenses 5 coins.

One coin for $5 - what sort of deal is that?

SteveMann:
Post the data sheet and any technical details that come with the acceptor. A schematic would be nice.

The question gives me the feeling the OP is thinking of building the bill acceptor as well…

Paul__B:
Incidentally,One coin for $5 - what sort of deal is that?

One for $5; 5 for $20 - sounds like coins to buy beer or for use in games. Not money kind of coins. Maybe better called “chips”, as in poker.

Not an easy build by any means. The hardest part is to make it secure and robust. Not just against people trying to get the money out (who may try to break it open quickly on the spot, or just take the whole machine to later do this leisurely), also against upset customers who put in their money but were short changed. I know I for one am not exactly nice to a machine that takes my money without giving back what I’m entitled to.

What i meant was $5 for a token. That is standard price where i am from and it works just fine. the token would be used in pool table. The dispenser would be kept inside the bar and be used by the bartender to get the tokens when a customer asks. Thats the way the owner wants it. its meant to prevent the workers from taking money or tokens. i already have the bill acceptor ( it receives money and sends an output) for those who don't know what a bill accepter is lol) my plan is to use it with a coin hopper to release the tokens. i have seen someone make it on youtube but I just need a way for it to release one token with $5 bill and 5 with $20 bill.

here is the link for manual for the bill acceptor :

OK, I did download the manual you linked to. Looks like it's all setup to work with their software on a PC. Do you have the bill acceptor working now?

How about a manual for your coin dispensor? That seems to be where your questions actually refer to.

How does an Arduino fit into all this system?

Paul