collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status exit status 1 Error compiling

I have three libraries.

#include <GSM.h>
#include <SerialGSM.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

And some code to send a text message. However, when I added the GSM.H library, suddenly I can’t compile. I think it might be because it is too much memory? The GSM library takes up 40% of memory. The other code/libraries take up only 17% but it might be timing out.

Any ideas? This is really blocking me.

I’ve already searched the forum and tried replacing the “ld.exe” from 1.6.7 with the ld.exe from 1.0.5. That did nothing.

the second I include any other library with the GSM.h it fails. wth

Which operating system are you using?

pert: Which operating system are you using?

Win 7 64 bit.

Even just those three libraries won't compile together.

Replacing ld.exe with the old version is only necessary with Windows XP. If you look at the error messages you can see that the GSM library conflicts with the SoftwareSerial library. Why are you using the GSM library and the SerialGSM library at the same time?

pert: Replacing ld.exe with the old version is only necessary with Windows XP. If you look at the error messages you can see that the GSM library conflicts with the SoftwareSerial library. Why are you using the GSM library and the SerialGSM library at the same time?

Well, the TLDR is that: I'm trying to turn off the gsm, with the function "gsm.shutdown()" which is only in the GSM library.

I tried to shut down the gsm shield without the GSM library by calling the universal pin reset on digital pin 7 on LOW and HIGH (0,1). The problem with that, is that it turns on fine by calling pin 7 set to HIGH but turning off is very sporadic and only happens in certain states.

Using the GSM library shutdown function works perfectly. I'm trying to power down the GSM modem when it's not in use.

What can I do here? Is there any way to mitigate this to use all three libraries? I literally only need the shutdown, gsm ready and gsm begin functions.