collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status. (Solved)

EDIT: is this a timer conflict?

Have updated libraries and IDE..
If I remove IRremote.h it compiles. If I include IRremote.h and remove Talkie.h and Vocab_US_TI99.h it compiles. Are they simply not able to be used together? I don't know enough about this to delve much deeper on my own.
There is a lot more program, but I cut it down to just the includes and get the exact same issue, so I am omitting the rest of the program.

#include "Servo.h"
#include "IRremote.h"
#include "SR04.h"
#include "Talkie.h"
#include "Vocab_US_TI99.h"

void setup() {
}
void loop() {

}

even this doesn't work:

#include "Talkie.h"
#include "IRremote.h"

void setup() {
}
void loop() {

}

I guess worst case is I throw a micro pro with the voice code onto the serial port and just make serial calls from the main program for speech. Seems like a waste of a controller but I guess I can find other stuff for that processor to do. Curious why this doesn't work though.
Joe

When an error happens, a button "copy error messages" appears at the right top of the output window. Click it (it will copy the errors to the clipboard) and paste it here in a new post. If too big, paste it in a text editor, safe it as a text file and attach to a post.

Which Arduino are you using?

I didn't include it because the code to replicate the issue is 2 lines.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

New Text Document.txt (53 KB)

Interrupt conflict between tone and irremote.

You can search the forum for my username in combination with _vector; I've written a couple of times how to modify the IRremote library.

Can't search now.

great! Thanks!