Collecting steering angle data using Bourns 6002 sensor. (Via CAN/BUS)

Dear friends, we are trying to give autonomous feature to the electric car we produce within the scope of the graduation project. However, we decided to use the steering angle sensor used in vehicles to collect the steering angle with a high sensitivity ratio. For this purpose, we use a steering angle sensor with 6002 socket from Bourns. The technical documentation for the sensor can be found in the appendix below. If we come to our problem, the sensor has not calibrated and we haven’t seen any change in sensor outputs, despite all the calibration packages we sent. You can find our readings SAS-Readings.txt. There are some events that we cannot understand in this process. There are 2 CAN-L and CAN-H pins on the steering angle sensor and it is not specified as CAN1 and CAN2. We can only receive data using a CAN-L and CAN-H pin. We tried our connection form in different combinations and the result was the same. We make data readings and packet sending from the CAN network using the seeedstudio can bus analyzer. You can find my wiring photograps in attachements. Thank you in advance for all your help.

non-contact-steering-angle-sensor-type-6002.pdf (415 KB)

SAS-Readings.txt (620 KB)

That steering sensor uses embedded magnets to determine angular position - didn’t see any in your pictures.

Wait a second. I thought it should be inside the steering angle sensor case are you sure about external magnets needed for determine angular position ?. I’ll check it. Thanks for reply.

Note: I add another sensor inside kind of like that so I Thought the mechanizm of our sensor should be like that.

RougeBit:
Wait a second. I thought it should be inside the steering angle sensor case are you sure about external magnets needed for determine angular position ?. I'll check it. Thanks for reply.

Note: I add another sensor inside kind of like that so I Thought the mechanizm of our sensor should be like that.

I did some reasearch, the sensor based on AMR so no need to external magnet to work with sensor.

From the data sheet:

Bourns® Type 6002 Non-contacting Steering Angle Sensor is based on two magneto-resistive (AMR) sensor chips. Each of them converts an angle position of a permanent magnet into two analogue signals (one sine and one cosine signal).

Where is that permanent magnet?

The sensor AMR based thats correct. However there is a miss understanding here. You can find Scheme on Attachement section. Like I said before magnets inside the sensor. Thanks for helping effort :slight_smile:

AMR_Sensor.JPG