College Project! NeoPixel stuff

Hey guys! I'm not new to Arduino, but I am a novice at writing actual scripts. About 3 weeks ago my group and I decided to take on a project for our school's Autoclub car. None of the other 3 members even knew what an Arduino or C++ was! Anyways

We're not looking for someone to write a script for us, but we would like a good basis to build off of. We only have 3 more weeks to get the whole thing finished,we've spent the last 3 weeks (mostly me really) building the tail light housing and all that. The project is making all-in-one NeoPixel tail lights for our 78 Camaro that will also display animations, using 2 NeoPixel rings. Our current issue is figuring out how to trigger events using analog inputs, ie. when we want the left blinker to initiate (by grounding analog pin 2) and start it's colorsweep for an indefinite amont of time until the left blinker switch is opened again. How do we go about starting that?

Thanks for any help!

Our current issue is figuring out how to trigger events using analog inputs, ie. when we want the left blinker to initiate (by grounding analog pin 2)

That sounds like a digital input to me. You can use the analogue pins as digital inputs by simply setting their pinMode() to INPUT, or better, to INPUT_PULLUP

I am assuming that after 3 weeks you know how to read a digital input.