Com port conflict

My arduino IDE is not starting when my wifi or bluetooth of the laptop is on.... its because of the extra com ports that is created when we connect to internet i think...

could any body can resolve this....am suffering a lot :-[

It's most likely that you bluetooth software is attaching all available com ports. Blue soliel, right? Worst garbage ever foisted off as production software.

In that sense Ubuntu is the best :wink:
but i cant take full advantage of programming VB there(comm port) >:(

noboby know a solution for this????????? where are the experts :-/

PaulS is right that you have to investigate especially bluetooth. We don't know the solution as we cannot see all things and configs of your laptop. you can. So instead of a solution I have some test for you to better understand the problem.

test 1: If you open your device manager - wifi and bluetooth off - and you switch on wifi (assume your laptop/PC can do this) do new COM devices appear?

test 2: If you open your devicemanager - wifi and bluetooth off - and you switch on bluetooth - do new COM devices appear?

test 3: Connect Arduino before switching on BT? Does BT take over the COM port?

Test 4: Does your BT comes with configuration applications and manuals? Probabbly you can set the number of virtual comms or the starting number or so.

General remark, there are plenty good programming languages besides VB. The fact you know VB is just a tiny argument. Learning a second language especially one that's portable over platforms (e.g. python) is allways a good investment.

Please share the results of the tests,

where are the experts

google Arduino experts gave ~130.000 hits :)

ok when i connect arduino most time the com port generated in com 30

and if my bluetooth or wifi is on(same switch) the bluetooth coms that are generated are com16 com17 com26 com27 com28 com29 com4 com5

i dont know how to control the com port creation...any help on it??? am using HP integrated bluetooth (Broadcomm)

I know c c++ and VB.....i like to study PYTHON, as i have done some small experiments on my symbian mobile with python.....but dont know full details about how to access com port from it(for arduino).....

any tutorial will be appreciated greatly

Install python and pySerial and this little sketch would capture Arduino Serial.print() commands to a log file.

import sys, os, serial, datetime

def capture():

print "Start capture"

ser = serial.Serial(4, 115200, timeout=0)  #portnr, baudrate 

while (1):
        line = ser.readline()
        if (line != ""):
            #print line[:-1]         # strip \n
            fields = line[:-1].split('; ');

# write to file
            filename = str(datetime.date.today()) + ".log"
            text_file = open(filename, "a")
            text_file.write(line)
            text_file.close()

""" -------------------------------------------
MAIN APPLICATION
"""  

print "Start Application"
print

capture()

and if my bluetooth or wifi is on(same switch)

Can you do the tests as described them and giving results per test? I don't know what test you are refering to with the output mentioned.

and if my bluetooth or wifi is on(same switch) the bluetooth coms that are generated are

So if you put on the wifi only there are bluetooth comports generated?

i dont know how to control the com port creation...any help on it??? am using HP integrated bluetooth (Broadcomm)

What type HP is your laptop?

ok i have deleted all my saved bluetooth devices ....now its ok all working fine....but take little bit more time when loading the IDE :)