COM ports won't show up CH340g

Dear Arduino users,

After trouble shooting for a couple hours i found out that my NodeMCu ESP8266 didn't show up in my com- ports (see image ).(Wemos is the manufacturer)

This ESP8266 module is connected via a USB cable that goes in to the module with a micro-usb connector.
it is not broke because it sets-up a wifi network

The module says: Install CH340G drivers.(see photo)
When i do this it says: The drive is successfully Pre-installed . So i think it doesn't actually work properly. When i plug it in before, while installing, or after it won't work.

Because of this I can't upload a script via Arduino IDE. (i'm trying this GitHub - SpacehuhnTech/esp8266_deauther: Affordable WiFi hacking platform for testing and learning)

Maybe some of you came across this problem or know a sollution.

Regards,
Gijs De Beunhaas

(Photo of the setup)

Well, have you installed the CH340G drivers?

It's not clear from your post - google will find you the drivers (ex, "ch340g windows driver" - or whatever your OS is).

Does anything show up in device manager?

Yes i installed it. But the following message shows op:

The Drive is succesfully Pre-installed in advance

This is the driversetup from the CH340G

That’s the engrish message it gives on installation (isn’t the translation beautifully bad?)

It should be detecting now.

Try using a different USB cable (there are a truly stunning number of bad cables in circulation, particularly if it’s micro USB (they sell “charging cables” which don’t run the data lines!)), and a different USB port.

If you’re trying to use it with a USB 3.0 port, try a USB 2.0 port if you have any; USB 3.0 has always had a backwards compatibility problem (some chipsets are much worse than others this way - I have one system that won’t even talk to a mouse or keyboard on the 3.0 ports (USB 3.0 stuff only), others that will happily talk to non-compliant VUSB hackjobs from the 3.0 ports)

Does device manager show an unknown device? Do you get the new hardware bing noise when you plug it in? Do you get a “device has malfunctioned” error?

Thanks for your reply.
I Tried a different cable and it worked!! :slight_smile:

The cable I used came by a powerbank so it was probably only charing.

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile: :smiley:

Ah - yeah, the cables that come with powerbanks are normally charging only cables.