COMBINATION OF SHARP IR SENSORS WITH SONAR FOR MY ROBOT

Hey Guys

I am having trouble with the object avoidance algorithm, I have check with sonar sensors, it is okay and working,

I have also check with IR sensors, it is perfectly working. however, I am trying to combine these two kind of sensors,

I have three sonar sensors and three infrared sensors.

any ideas or suggestion, how to combine them them to have precise object avoidance systems.

I really appreciate your help,

Regards

That's quite a long post that is quite short on detail.

(Also, please don't SHOUT)

any ideas or suggestion, how to combine them them to have precise object avoidance systems.

What have you tried? What problems did you have?

How are the sensors arranged? How are they connected?

Thanks for the reply,

I have connected the ultrasound sensor via I2C bus, and the other three IR sensors are connected to arduino analog pins, I have linerised the sensor readings, so I can get proper distance from sensors,

I have written an algorithm for object avoidance with Sonar sensors, its good and working.

I have also tried with IR sensors, it is okay, and the robot avoid obstacles.

I have two boards on top of each other, like two floor. If I use the sonar sensors, they can not detect object that are shorter because the sonar can not see those objects. so I placed the IR sensor on the first level (like first floor) to detect the objects that the sonar can not detect.

what I am trying to do is: to detect the short objects with IR sensors and tall object with ultrasound sensor.

Both IR and Ultrasound Sensors (Right and Left sensors are 45 degree and one sensor is in the centre).

I can get all these readings from sensors. My problem is: I can not properly use them. to be honest, I can't write the algorithm for sensor fusion.

to be honest, I can't write the algorithm for sensor fusion.

So, it isn't a matter of the sensors causing interference with each other. You are getting reasonable data from all 6 sensors. You just don't know what to do with that data.

Not sure how to help you. Primarily because I can't see how you are able to deal with 3 sets of values but not 6.

If the center sensor says the way is clear to go forward, you go forward. Replace that with two sensors and the concept doesn't change. If the way forward, up high, is clear AND the way forward, down low, is clear, go forward.

The same concept applies to checking to the left and right.

Thank you very much Pauls,

yea, I had the same idea, but I was not sure whether I am on the right direction. I was thinking to take different reading and average them, as I saw in some examples. but I wasn't sure with my solution because it is my first time with robotics and arduino.

Although I have implemented this concept, it has some problems, like misbehaving. I am gona work and try to fix it.

Thanks again.