Combining data from several (ESP) devices in one (local) webpage

Hello I am brand-new in this forum and a beginner with NodeMCU/ESP8266/Arduino/C/…
Got the first devices about a week ago and I got sort of edicted already.
As for many my first project was the WiFi thermometer. To that I virtually (didn’t receive the relais yet) sockets to be switched.
I want to access data from several devices in one local webpage. As I’m not familiar with good practices here I generate HTML results in the ESP and us tag to combine things like temperatue and socket status.
I am sure there are more elegant ways to do that. Hnec my post in this forum. Apologies if this has been raised before, eitehr I did not search properly or just could not find it.

here are 2 samples:

The result is just textual information This generates a button (depending on the on/off status) which can be clicked to switch on/off.

Problem is that I cannot influence the layout of the s in the HTM page. I have to do that in the ESP.
Changing e. g. the font means changing it in the HTML page and for every output of any ESP.
It’s a bit slow too.
Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance!!!

You might put each data source in a self refreshing iframe in the main web page. The below link has some info on page refreshing types.

http://www.martyncurrey.com/esp8266-and-the-arduino-ide-part-8-auto-update-webpage/

It's best to implement your webpage with AJAX functionality instead.

zoomkat: You might put each data source in a self refreshing iframe in the main web page. The below link has some info on page refreshing types.

http://www.martyncurrey.com/esp8266-and-the-arduino-ide-part-8-auto-update-webpage/

Thanks a lot, but does it confirm that I'm basically on the right track here?

Power_Broker: It's best to implement your webpage with AJAX functionality instead.

Thanks a lot, but does it confirm that I'm basically on the right track here? What you suggest will change the way of communication perhaps amout of data being transferred. But in general you don't say my approach is not a good one.