Command-line client for adjust the exact time and calibrating the RTC DS3231

SynchroTime - Command-line client for adjust the exact time and calibrating the RTC DS3231 module

The application allows you to:

• Synchronize the time of the RTC DS3231 with your computer time;
  • Correct the time drift of the DS3231-RTC clock. The algorithm performs correction in the range from -12.8 to +12.7 ppm;
  • The application allows you to evaluate the accuracy and reliability of the RTC oscillator for a particular sample, as well as the chances of successful correction in case of significant time drift;
  • Automatically save parameters and calibration data to the energy-independent flash memory of the type AT24C256. In case there is a power failure to the module. The project and the binary data is on my Github homepage SynchroTime

Greetings,

Sergej

The application has been overhauled. From now on the graphical version v1.4.0 is available: CLI- and GUI-client for adjust the exact time and calibrating the RTC DS3231 module

guiApp_About.png

Is it operating system agnostic? Meaning it will run on Windows, Linux and Mac?

sterretje: Is it operating system agnostic? Meaning it will run on Windows, Linux and Mac?

The website says:

v1.1.2-beta: GUI version of the app for x86, x64-linux and win32

The application has been overhauled. From now on the graphical version v1.5.0 is available: CLI- and GUI-client for adjust the exact time and calibrating the RTC DS3231 module v1.1.5
guiApp_About

Could someone please explain how I run SynchroTime on a windows 10 PC, thanks

The program should also work under Win 10. You need to unpack the downloaded archive somewhere. Next, you need to create a shortcut to the executable file (synchroTime.exe) in Explover. then in the folder that opens, right-click on the application shortcut and select “Properties”. Click the Compatibility tab. Here you can use the Use the compatibility troubleshooter button or do it yourself.

Well, I would actually recommend using the Linux version of the program. Then it is guaranteed that you can count on 100% of the declared program specifications.

Thanks Sergejeu, I have it working in W10 :slight_smile: Trying to set the OffSet so it keep more accurate time. Worked out the -3 is a bit fast and -4 a bit slow, trying -3.5 now.
Can I say a huge thank you for the program, it is precisly what I needed.