Common questions

Qdeathstar: Also literally typing "how to wire an led to arduino" in google will result in a step by step process.

Unfortunately, many of those tutorials are written by people only marginally less ignorant than the one that's looking for help. They may contain things that are wrong, unnecessary, or suboptimal, but neither the writer and certainly not the searcher would have the proper theoretical know-how to be able to understand the circuit.

Learning how to blink without delay was my first "problem".

I certainly think this is a major stumbling block for many people. Freeing yourself from delay is one of the greatest things you can do to fully utilize the capabilities of the microcontroller. I've been trying to write an essay about the subject, but my writing skills haven't been up to the task.

I've only been in this forum for a few weeks, but I will say that the attitudes I've encountered have been refreshing when compared to other forums.

I am also one who reads sticky threads though, so maybe I'm not the typical new poster here?

There will always be people who ask the same simple questions, and not surprisingly, the more popular and helpful a forum is, the more you see this.

Think about Google SEO (search engine optimization). The more content a forum has, the higher place in a search result.

Which also means the repetition of questions isn't necessarily a bad thing if growing the forum is a concern; because it helps to land the forum higher on Google search results.

Now all of that said, if there were a sticky post at the top of this forum with general basics, or links to threads providing general basics, I would certainly read them all as time allowed.

"Now all of that said, if there were a sticky post at the top of this forum with general basics, or links to threads providing general basics, I would certainly read them all as time allowed. "

You have seen this? https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

No, I had not seen that before as I haven't really visited the Programimg forum.

I've only had one project, and started a thread here, in the general electronics forum, to document it ... and I received the help I was looking for within that thread.

That does look like a good read though, thanks!