Communicate between Xbee and LabView?

For a project I am trying to use a circuit with a IR light and sensor and when the signal from the light is broken from the sensor an email will be sent out. So far I have a circuit built on an a arduino and some xbee stuff on it.

on Arduino I have a code written for the reading of the IR light, and on LabView I have a code written to send out an email. If there is anyone that knows how to combine these two in any way, I would really appreciate it!!

Attached is the LabView email sender and our code written for Arduino

if there is a chance you could help us and you need more information, let me know and I can describe or send pictures of what I have so far.

gmail.vi (31.9 KB)

Mailbox_Code word.txt (480 Bytes)

So, what is the XBee doing?

Isan't xbee the communicator between the computer and the arduino?

You need to explain your set-up. Are you using a Xbee instead of a serial cable to the Arduino? Have you successful communicated through the Xbee to the computer using the Arduino IDE or other program?

Posting your current code or codes using the # at the top will make it easier to see what you are doing.

Isan’t xbee the communicator between the computer and the arduino?

An XBee is a radio. You need one at the PC end to. The PC is NOT a radio. At least not one that can receive XBee frequency transmissions.

As was mentioned, you left out an awful lot of details.

Attached is the picture of what we have going so far, I apologize for being so inexperienced with programming and arduino, but I am determined to get this to work! the arduino is not just powered by the USB, we have a battery to power it, its just plugged in at the moment in the picture to the usb.
if you need further details I can try to explain more to the best of my ability.
thanks!

if you need further details I can try to explain more to the best of my ability.

Yes, we need more. Greedy suckers, I know...

What code is running on the Arduino, and what is it doing that you don't want, or not doing that you do want?