Communicate with 2.4ghz receiver

Hi,

I got this http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-709744792-receptor-turnigy-24ghz-modelo-ia66-canaisafhds-2a-_JM

Is there someway I can comunicate with these 2.4 GHZ receivers using arduino without needing to buy a radio?

The simple solution is to buy a compatible transmitter.

If you can find out what sort of wireless module is inside the receiver you MIGHT be able to get a compatible module for an Arduino and you MIGHT be able to write an Arduino program that could communicate with it.

AFAIK the various 2.4GHz transceiver modules are designed only to work with their own manufacturer's products.

A simpler alternative may be to ignore that module and build an Arduino Rx and Tx pair using nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz transceivers.

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

Yeap, thanks! I am already using nrf24l01 but they are not really reliable, even with PA+LNA sometimes they dont work well.

@Robin2 is it too hard to create a receiver/communicator with great range as those 2.4ghz receiver do? is there any tutorial of parts that I should buy in order to create a receiver and a transmitter in the 2.4ghz spectrum?

You say the nRF24 is not really reliable but you have not posted your code or provided any evidence. And you have not described the circumstances in which the failure ocurred.

As far as I can see there is a good chance that there is an nRF24 or the Cypress equivalent inside that R/C receiver. It's not the sort of technology that you can design and produce in a basement workshop.

What range do you need?

I don't have any personal experience but I think that the combination of a high-power nRF24 (with external antenna) for the base unit and a regular nRF24 (with PCB antenna) will give a long range in open air. I have had a pair both with PCB antennas working at 110metres out doors.

...R