Communicating using Firmata through serial commands

Hello everybody! XD

This question is about standard firmata. I have implemented it on the arduino and have been testing for a while now. no problems. I wanted to know whether anyone have tried communicating with the protocol using a serial console (by using ASCII or HEX). for example if I want to digitalWrite(2, HIGH) how do I directly address the MCU by serial command ? I have tried a serial port monitor but only could read Tx data like 90 00 00. but when I resend it doesn't seem to work. anyone has an idea ? there's a certain format firmata serial commands must be sent, I am unfamiliar with this.

Thank you!

there's a certain format firmata serial commands must be sent, I am unfamiliar with this.

Yes, there is. You have access to the full source, so feel free to dig it out. You'll find that it is not human-friendly. Much better to develop your own protocol that is, and learn something in the process.

Hello!

As always thank you for the reply. I went back to the serial console and found the code to be - #90#04#00. I knew it was simple from the beginning. but it was terra incognita for me. Now I can continue with the rest.

Bye!