Communicating with RS 232 port on the Infinisolar Hybrid Inverter using Arduino

I have a solar system installed at my home with an infinisolar VII 3KW hybrid inverter.he inverter has two communication ports on it, 1 - USB and 2 - -RS 232 (RJ - 45) style connector. An RS 232 cable is provided which has an RJ 45 connector on one end and an RS 232 female connector on the other.

I want to monitor the inverter using a Arduino Nano, UNO or MEGA 2560

I just learned about arduino

lease help, I'll be very very thankful.

You’ll need something like a Maxim MAX232 to convert the signals.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
You'll need something like a Maxim MAX232 to convert the signals.

Can you help me what is the hardware and code?

For only RX/TX, do a search for Sparkfun RS232 or ttl to rs232 adapter; it will probably be sufficient.

For a full RS232 interface, Pololu 23201a Serial Adapter Fully Assembled

To advise on board, it depends on the needs; if you want to send data to the PC, you will need a second hardware serial port on the Arduino (Mega, Micro, Leonardo) or use a software uart solution (Nano, Uno).

sterretje:
For only RX/TX, do a search for Sparkfun RS232 or ttl to rs232 adapter; it will probably be sufficient.

For a full RS232 interface, Pololu 23201a Serial Adapter Fully Assembled

To advise on board, it depends on the needs; if you want to send data to the PC, you will need a second hardware serial port on the Arduino (Mega, Micro, Leonardo) or use a software uart solution (Nano, Uno).

How to get a register address?

Nguyenhuutoan221095:
How to get a register address?

Please explain.

I did a search for "infinisolar VII rs232 protocol" and got this. It might be of help.

@Nguyenhuutoan221095,

From your posts so far, it does not appear that either your hardware or coding skills are sufficient to tackle such a project right out of the box. If you want to acquire these skills (as a hobby), then you'll have to start at the beginning -- just like everyone else. There are numerous books, online tutorials, and example programs within the Arduino IDE itself.

If you just want to have the project done, you'll probably need to pay someone to do it for you. You could start by looking in the Gigs and Collaborations Forum. But, you'll need to provide complete documentation for the hardware involved as well as a much more complete set of requirements describing exactly what you want the project to do.

sterretje:
Please explain.

I did a search for "infinisolar VII rs232 protocol" and got this. It might be of help.

String cmd1 = "\x5E\x50\x30\x30\x35\x47\x53\x58\x14\x0D";

I sent this code by the computer to get the results. but when I send with arduino mega, the result I get is half missing.

How about posting your code?

Please read How to use this forum - please read. - Installation & Troubleshooting - Arduino Forum first, specifically point #7 about posting code.

A wiring diagram with all connections and modules will also be useful (photo of hand drawn one will do).

sterretje:
How about posting your code?

Please read How to use this forum - please read. - Installation & Troubleshooting - Arduino Forum first, specifically point #7 about posting code.

A wiring diagram with all connections and modules will also be useful (photo of hand drawn one will do).

sorry I am a new member to the forum

Nguyenhuutoan221095:
sorry I am a new member to the forum

Just provide what was asked for.