Communication Arduino-Linino in C++

hello,

I can read, with a C++ Application, the values of arduino put in bridge? with python its possible, but my question is in C++

regards

The last time I asked about it, there was no library to access the bridge from C/C++: Example of Native GCC for Yun

waskaman:
I can read, with a C++ Application, the values of arduino put in bridge? with python its possible, but my question is in C++

@waskaman,

your question is not clear, but I think you are saying.

1. you can use C++ to talk to Arudino and put values on the bridge.

2. you can read the values on the Linux side with python. But you question is:
    Can you read values on bridge on Linux side with C++?

Answer Technically yes, but it would be difficult. There is no real speed improvement, if you write in C++. On the Linux side you talk to a /dev/ttyATH0, which is a serial port. You can also use the SPI, but that is intended for shields.

So you can use C++ on the Linux side, but you have to have a very good reason to disable the bridge.

Jesse

jessemonroy650:
So you can use C++ on the Linux side, but you have to have a very good reason to disable the bridge.

A good clarification: when I said there is no library to do it in C++ on the Linux side, I meant a library to use the existing Bridge classes in C++.

As Jesse says, one can still do it in C++ on either side, but you will have to bypass the Bridge and do all of the inter-processor communications yourself. You will have to implement both the sketch side and the Linux side yourself.

ShapeShifter:
A good clarification: when I said there is no library to do it in C++ on the Linux side, I meant a library to use the existing Bridge classes in C++.

As Jesse says, one can still do it in C++ on either side, but you will have to bypass the Bridge and do all of the inter-processor communications yourself. You will have to implement both the sketch side and the Linux side yourself.

You have to use C++ serial library and talk to /dev/ttyATH0. On the sketch side you have to use serial1.print or serial1.receive