Communication between 2 arduino boards

Hello there. I'm a network and telecommunications engineer student. My project revolves around controlling a drone with an instrument, wirelessly. This, of course, entails 2 arduino boards communicating with each other. I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to arduino and I would like some tips on how to get started, more specifically on which boards to use, and if those boards can support wireless communication based on a possible ad-hoc infrastructure. I do not have anything concrete yet, but I will try to explain my thought process on the whole idea better if requested. Thanks in advance.

Until the guys knowing the details about things are answering You could look for the Arduino family data and get knowledge about the possibilities among the different controllers. Maybe some of them have built in wireless. I can't tell.

What kind of range do you need?

The RF24 radios can be interfaced to most any Arduino. See Robin2's simple rf24 tutorial for more info about them.

groundFungus: What kind of range do you need?

The RF24 radios can be interfaced to most any Arduino. See Robin2's simple rf24 tutorial for more info about them.

At least 15m, which should not be a problem

AnthonyOik: At least 15m, which should not be a problem

It's the "at most" that matters.

...R

Robin2: It's the "at most" that matters.

...R

I don't care about the maximum distance, as long as it is at least 15m.

AnthonyOik: I don't care about the maximum distance, as long as it is at least 15m.

I misunderstood. I thought your use of "at least" meant that it was your minimum rather than your requirement.

That will be no problem for a pair of nRF24 modules.

...R

Robin2: I misunderstood. I thought your use of "at least" meant that it was your minimum rather than your requirement.

That will be no problem for a pair of nRF24 modules.

...R

It's ok, we all misunderstand from time to time, thank you for your recommendation.