communication between 2x ESP8266.

Nikosant03:
Hi, when you establish the access point can you see it's network from another device and connect on to it (like a smartphone)?

Use char* instead of char as data type (same applies for STA mode)

const char *ssid = "ESP33";

const char *pass = "1234567899";

No need to make a pointer for this. Brings no real value.

Romonaga:
No need to make a pointer for this. Brings no real value.

Reply #7.

#define PixelPin 0 // "NodeMCU pin 2 (RX) connected to Digital In of Pixel Stick"
//PIN 2 ist GPIO3 auf dem ESP-01
NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp8266Dma800KbpsMethod> strip(PixelCount, PixelPin);

In DMA mode the data pin for the ledstrip can not be defined and is always the same as the RX pin of the UART. if you want to use the Serial monitor at the same time as the ledstrip you will have to use a different method, UART mode probably has a conflict as well. Using the bit-banged method will get you into trouble with you wifi connection. If you are just using the Serial for debugging, just get rid of it, otherwise start using a swSerial.

So I worked a little bit on this and got this some kind of working. The colors are transfered to the slaves :slight_smile:

Problem is, that my ESPs crash some time, and I can not reconnect to them to change the color.

Here are the code that I use for Master and Slave and the Error message on the serial port.

Maybe someone knows why the ESP crashes.

code.ino (9.79 KB)

ERRORLOG_Master.txt (7.46 KB)

ERRORLOG_Slave.txt (7.26 KB)

index.h (2.88 KB)

haschu87:
Maybe someone knows why the ESP crashes.

i Thought i told you before, you can not use the hwSerial and use the LED-strip at the same time ! If you want to use the Serial monitor for debugging your best bet is to use swSerial and connect it via a USB<->TTL   strip.Begin(); and  Serial.begin(9600);Should not be in your code at the same time, you could try though to use   Serial.end();before callingstrip.Show();but you may still have issues.