Communication between an ARDUINO and an application

Hello,

I have the application Fldigi that when passing in transmission mode sends a string of characters via the USB port to the transmitter so that it switches to transmission mode.

I would like to connect my ARDUINO Uno to a USB port and be able to read what the application sends in order to process this information to control another type of transmitter.

So far I have tried to read what the application sends by setting the port / dev / ttyACM0 to Fldigi: device that correspond to serial monitor of the Arduino.

I thank you in advance for your help,

cordially

What is Fldgi?

If it needs to connect to a USB Host (such as a PC) then you can't connect it to a regular Arduino. You would need a USB Host shield, but that may or may not identify your product.

If you just want to capture the output on a PC you could write USB code with Python.

...R

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry for not explaining what Fldigi was: it's a program that decodes / encodes digital radio programs via the sound card.
This program sends a string of characters to the USB port to indicate whether it is in transmit or receive mode.
As indicated I want to know the chain of character sent to treat it.
I understood that it was not possible via the arduino: How to do Python is my big question.
If you can help me I will be delighted.
cordially

danielpsk:
How to do Python is my big question.
If you can help me I will be delighted.

You need to ask on a Forum dedicated to Python programming.

...R

Hello,

Thank you for the answers: I will see the side of Python forums.

cordially

danielpsk:
I have the application Fldigi that when passing in transmission mode sends a string of characters via the USB port to the transmitter so that it switches to transmission mode.

Perhaps someone in an amateur radio forum has done this already