Communication between Arduino Leonardo and PC

I have to realize a communication between Arduino Leonardo and a demon which runs on a pc.

The demon has to tell Arduino informations about the operative system of the machine to which it is linked, as the dimension of the screen and other things about its state, while Arduino is working.

As it has to work both on Windows and on MAC Os, I thought to write the demon in Java, but I've seen that the library RXTX for communication is hardware dependent, so I think it can create problems if I use a different machine (is that true?).

In your opinion how can i solve the problem? Shall I use Processing, or there is another way to achieve that?

Thank you in advance.

I have to realize a communication between Arduino Leonardo and a demon which runs on a pc.

Are you sure you don’t mean daemon? I doubt that you really want a demon taking to your Arduino. It might end up possessed.

but I’ve seen that the library RXTX for communication is hardware dependent, so I think it can create problems if I use a different machine (is that true?).

If you try to use a library compiled and linked for Windows on the Mac, that is true. But, no one would do that. So, no, it is not true.

In your opinion how can i solve the problem?

How familiar are you with programming on a Mac? On Windows?

RxTx seems to be yesterday's product.

Try JSSC - which includes the binaries for all the operating systems in its JAR file.

Both of them work on Linux and Windows but I don't have access to a Mac.

...R