Communication between N Arduino to a central Arduino

Hello,

I am doing a little project ( mainly to learn electronic ) where i have RFID reader and i only read the id of the card.However they are a bit too bar from each other ( up to 5 m ) and the I2C communication did not really support really well the long cable. So i am intend to add a Atmega328 to each antenna and send this information to a central Atmega328 that will send the information ( either to a computer or directly to internet with a SIM800L ). So my question what will be the best approach to send message from N arduino ( up to 10 ) to a central arduino over 5 m cable distance. The message is 40 character but is send really often.

All the best

Vincent

So my question what will be the best approach to send message from N arduino ( up to 10 ) to a central arduino over 5 m cable distance. The message is 40 character but is send really often.

Probably easiest for the master to poll the slave arduinos for information. The slave may need to hold the status change until polled by the master.

Thanks,

I am re-phrasing just to make sure i get it, the slave store the information,the master go slave by slave to pull the information once its done the slave clean the data. What kind of protocol will fit the best to communicate between the Master and the slave ?

Vincent

vdiallonort: ,the master go slave by slave to pull the information once its done the slave clean the data.

I have a system like that for controlling model trains using nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz wireless transceivers. The demo code in this link is derived from that. It can easily be extended so the master can call many slaves. You just need the different ID numbers for the slaves.

...R

Thanks a lot ! I gonna give a shot.

Vincent