Communication between nRF24L01 and node MCU

I am curious about possibility of communication between the radio module nRF24L01 and Node MCU that uses the ESP8266 for communication. Can I transmit data from the nRF24 that would be received by the Node MCU? Since the ISM bands of both the devices are similar and if they can't then why?

Can I transmit data from the nRF24 that would be received by the Node MCU?

No.

Since the ISM bands of both the devices are similar and if they can't then why?

Because the communication protocols are very different.

groundFungus: No. Because the communication protocols are very different.

So you are saying that in case i need to do that i will need an extra nRF24 attached to the node MCU!

Yes. You need a RF24 to talk to a RF24.

Thanks!

v_o_i_d: I am curious about possibility of communication between the radio module nRF24L01 and Node MCU that uses the ESP8266 for communication. Can I transmit data from the nRF24 that would be received by the Node MCU? Since the ISM bands of both the devices are similar and if they can't then why?

Yes, its should be possible.

nRF24 provide 250kbps, 1Mbps and 2Mbps at 2.4GHz ISM band

ESP8266 support 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4GHz ISM band

802.11b will reduce speed to 1 Mbit/s at low signal strengths and for the handshake. In this scenario, the client sends out a Probe Request at the lowest data rate it supports, typically 1 Mbps. The AP will issue a Probe Response back to the client, again at 1 Mbps.

Thats it! ESP and nRF are able to use the same data rate and frequency.

The ESP can send a wifi beacon frame thats contains the SSID (32 byte). You can use this 32 byte to build the nRF preamble + header + data + crc. The nRF will ignore the wifi frame, but it will accept the SSID part as a valide ShockBurst packet.

On the other direction the nRF can create a packet with 5 byte address and 32 byte payload to create a wifi probe request frame. The ESP are able the monitor probe requests and will receive the nRF data as a probe request. You can use the mac address for the tiny payload.

There are simular hooks to create iBeacon frames for bluetooth.

NRF24 is not WiFi. That's why it does not work, and it can not work like that.

Now if you actually have this gotten to work reliably feel free to post a detailed tutorial on what you did to make it work, but I highly doubt you even tried it.

Please don't resurrect long dead threads just to post a lot of total nonsense!

https://hackaday.io/project/12036-ble-beacons-from-1-nrf24l01-modules use the same pattern