Communication with arduino wireless

Hello guys, Im doing a robot which is controlled with my android phone through BT module. Now what I want to do is to connect it to my pc, where all the calculations would go. Im making wall follower which will calculate room perimeter and what I would like to do is to start robot with my android (done) and get the calculations to my PC. Is there an easy way to do this? Can I connect multiple devices to my BT HC-05 module or should I get wi-fi (ESP8266) module? And if not, is there a way to see at least my calculations on my phone with BT? Some kind of serial monitor (debugoutput) or something? Thank you

Can I connect multiple devices to my BT HC-05 module

Your bluetooth module needs to pair with another device. How many are involved in a pair? You'd need the special ménage à trois model to do what you want.

or should I get wi-fi (ESP8266) module?

There are other, more reliable, methods (XBees, NRF radios, etc.) but that could work.

And if not, is there a way to see at least my calculations on my phone with BT?

You are the one programming your phone. Only YOU can answer that.

PaulS: There are other, more reliable, methods (XBees, NRF radios, etc.) but that could work.

Because it is car robot with dc motors, I have an motor shield. Would I need another shield for XBEE? And is it okay to connect multiple shields on top of each other, wont my pins mess up?

And about NRF radios, can you give me an example or maybe your preference on which is better? Want to read something about it

Would I need another shield for XBEE?

Yes, but you'd need a WiFi shield, if you went that route.

And is it okay to connect multiple shields on top of each other,

As long as they are meant to be stacked. Stacking a WiFi shield on top of an LCD shield wouldn't make much sense.

wont my pins mess up?

There could be pin conflicts, but the pins won't "mess up".

And about NRF radios, can you give me an example or maybe your preference on which is better? Want to read something about it? Thank you btw for all this information

The ESP8266 is a WiFi module and much cheaper than a WiFi shield. If you know how to use WiFi that may be the simplest way to set up a 3-way system as both the phone and the PC can do WiFi.

Another approach is to have communication between the phone and the PC and between the PC and the Arduino. You could use WiFi between the phone and the PC and Bluetooth for the link between the PC and the Arduino.

...R

Robin2: The ESP8266 is a WiFi module and much cheaper than a WiFi shield. If you know how to use WiFi that may be the simplest way to set up a 3-way system as both the phone and the PC can do WiFi.

Another approach is to have communication between the phone and the PC and between the PC and the Arduino. You could use WiFi between the phone and the PC and Bluetooth for the link between the PC and the Arduino.

...R

Do I really need communication between phone and PC? All I need is to start my robot to run with phone, and get the information of calculations to PC. Since I made connection with my phone already with Bluetooth, and if it is possible to make my program to work on pc with Bluetooth , maybe it is a better way to get two Bluetooths for each device. Wouldnt it be easier? I`m searching for easiest and cheapest way to do it as good as possible.

hollowltu: Do I really need communication between phone and PC?

How the f*** do I know?

I don't understand why you have the phone involved at all if its only purpose is to get things started?

...R