Compare in SQlite access

Hi everyone .
Can you compare these about their performance , speed of executation , amount of ram they need and amount of loads on cpu :

1. 32U4 <=> bridge <=> Python Script on Linux <=> SQlite

2. 32U4 <=> bridge <=> PHP Script on Linux <=> SQlite

3. 32U4 <=> bridge <=> C++ program on Linux (compiled with yun-gcc) <=> SQlite

mmkhmmkh:
Hi everyone .
Can you compare these about their performance , speed of executation , amount of ram they need and amount of loads on cpu :

1. 32U4 <=> bridge <=> Python Script on Linux <=> SQlite

2. 32U4 <=> bridge <=> PHP Script on Linux <=> SQlite

3. 32U4 <=> bridge <=> C++ program on Linux (compiled with yun-gcc) <=> SQlite

The 32u4 is relatively slow in comparison to the Linux side.
The bridge is a serial port, which I believe is running at 125kbps, Or was it bytes?
Any fairly good for a serial port, not great, but good enough.

C++ will run the fastest hands down… Is this a trick question?
Python and PHP are a fraction the speed of C++, but it does not matter because the bridge is relatively slow in comparison to all.

Jesse

jessemonroy650: The bridge is a serial port, which I believe is running at 125kbps, Or was it bytes? Any fairly good for a serial port, not great, but good enough.

250,000 bits per second.

Yes, pretty fast for a serial port, but it is indeed likely to be the bottleneck in the system. The Bridge is running a protocol through that port that allows it to send control signals and keep several different data streams going at once (Bridge key access, Process communications, network streams, etc.) That means that you can't count on 25,000 bytes per second of data throughput: the actual usable data throughput will be much less.

A lot depends on how much work takes place in each link of the chain. If most of the hard work is being done by SQlite then there may be very little difference in performance.

If the bridge is being a bottleneck there may be very little difference in the performance.

If most of the work is being done by your Linux code then it should certainly be faster if you use C++. But the penalty is that it will probably take longer (i.e. cost more in programmer time) to create the code.

I have no idea how PHP compares with Python. I gave up on PHP years ago because it seemed as primitive as GWBasic.

...R

Profile C and Sqlite3

C speed is 3.59 ms

Profile Lua and Sqlite3

Lua speed is 4.69 ms

Profile Php and Sqlite3

Php speed is 4.35 ms

Profile Python and Sqlite3

Python speed is 4.43 ms

The method select which language:

|454x500

sonnyyu: The method select which language: