Comparing a key via ethernet with a server database

Hi, I am working on building a distributed RFID card access system in a building containing 30-some-odd doors. What I would like to do is send the read ID to a database server VIA ethernet where the database server would return true or false depending on whether or not the server found it in the database. The server could do the processing, however I am unsure how to setup the send and respond system to actually calculate the data.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

The server could do the processing

It could? What processing? If you mean looking the entry up in the database, it is the ONLY machine that can.

however I am unsure how to setup the send and respond system to actually calculate the data.

What "send and respond system"? Calculate what data?

PaulS:
What "send and respond system"? Calculate what data?

I just mean searching something like a mysql database, I know how to do that in python, node, or PHP, but I'm not sure how to get the arduino to send the key to the server and then receive the true or false response.

I just mean searching something like a mysql database, I know how to do that in python, node, or PHP

OK, great. So create a PHP script, isInDataBase.php that takes a RFID card number and returns 'T' or 'F'.

Call it: GET /isInDatabase?rfidCard=xxxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1

Look at the Arduino as client example in the Ethernet library. Parsing the return string is trivial, if your PHP script cooperates.