Compass code

Hey guys,

I am building this project where I need to use the compass using I2C interface. Now, I can figure out the hardware and wiring by myself. I just need help with the code on how to get your current direction like north, south, west, and east. It would be really great if also tell me how to use the neo-6m GPS with it to navigate the car to a certain position. It would be a really nice if you could help me :wink:

You want us to write code for you, but you’re not going to tell is which compass module you have nor what exactly you want this code to do. Seriously?

We don’t write the code for you here. This is a place to get help with the code you write. If you want someone to write code for you then post in the Gigs and Collaborations section and give the exact requirements and how much you are willing to pay someone to write it for you.

Probably my mistake for asking a question like that. I am using HMC58832 http://www.ebay.com/itm/HMC5883L-Triple-Axis-Compass-Magnetometer-Sensor-Module-For-Arduino-3V-5V-/261748761510?epid=1259535509&hash=item3cf17123a6:g:5E8AAOxyNmZTkJXx for my comapss.
Just lead me in the right direction like giving some examples or something.

tib0n3:

You still haven't said what you want it to do. Have you tried google? "Arduino" and the name of the chip will usually pull up several different examples. Do you need us to do that for you too? If so, then programming may be a bit over your head.

Here is a link that will likely get you started

Once you have tried some of this and still have questions you can come back with your code attempt and we can provide some guidance

It seems to be HMC5883L (from your link to ebay), not HMC58832

Do a search for Arduino HMC5883L

Sure thing. NEVER post a link to a stupid fleabay listing again. The manufacturer of that device almost certain included details on how to use the device that the fleabay reseller didn't think you needed to know. Why would you do business with a fool like that?