Compatibility between PS2 Mouse and Keyboard codes.

This is a general programming question for the time being to see if anyone has had a similar experience. Based on the replies that I may kindly get I may then post additional forum questions with more specific questions including the code. I am new here and I will try to follow the forum protocol as much as I can. My partner and I are designing a PS2 Mouse and PS2 Keyboard to USB converter so that we can interface PS2 keyboards and mouse to a USB port on a laptop, running Windows7. I am using Arduino 1.0.1. I know there are commercial versions of this for less than $10US, but we have some additional requirements in this project. We are basing our design on an ATMEGA32U4. I have breadboarded the circuit from scratch following an Arduino Leonardo schematic. I am using a USBTinyISP to program the circuit. All this works fine. So the circuit has a PS2 mouse and keyboard as inputs and connects to the target computer on the USB port. Here is what is happening: We have a code that works well for the mouse, using the PS2.h library. We also have code that works well for the keyboard using the PS2.h library. But when we combine the two codes into 1 it does not work well. We loose mouse function. Any general ideas? Thanks!

rftek-emc: I am new here and I will try to follow the forum protocol as much as I can.

That's good but you missed the very first step in the protocol. ;) There's a sticky post at the top of this forum that explains how to ask your question. Read this before posting a programming question ... http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=97455.0 and more specifically item 6. Getting help on the forum.

But when we combine the two codes into 1 it does not work well. Any general ideas? Thanks!

Sorry, but this can't be answered generally without getting into a very long article about writing code. Besides, if you search the forum for combining two sketches (or similar) you will see that the answers are unique for each situation.