Compatibility Issue: Arduino Pro Micro + Windows 7 x64 + Renesas USB 3.0

Hi,

I just got myself an Arduino Pro Micro. I wanted to use the Keyboard Emulation. To make it short: It does not work at all on USB 3.0 when connected to my Notebook. It only works on my powered eSata Slot (It has a USB 2.0 port inside).

When I connect the Arduino to my PC (Notebook, Windows 7 x64), Windows only detects the Arduino Micro and fails to install drivers for it. It does not detect the USB Input Device which should create a HID Keyboard and Mouse. Selecting the Arduino’s driver folder does not work, Windows just says that there is no driver for that device.
I got the Arduino itself working by manually forcing Windows to use the Arduino Micro Driver for that device. I can program the Arduino now, but the Keyboard and mouse still do not show up.

The Arduino works absolutely fine when I use another PC with Windows or My Laptop with Ubuntu. Thus, I suppose it is a driver Problem.

What I tried so far:

* Connecting the Arduino to all USB 3.0 ports directly <-not Working
* Connecting the Arduino to all USB 3.0 ports using USB 2.0 Hubs <-not Working
* Using Drivers from the Arduino Beta <-not Working
* Rebooting Windows <-not Working
* Updating Drivers for my USB 3.0 Controller <-not Working
* Updating the firmware of my USB 3.0 Controller <-not Working
* Deleting the driver cache (INFCACHE.1) <-not Working
* Connecting the Arduino to my Netbook (Win 7x86) using USB 2.0 <-works fine, but does not solve the problem
* Connecting the Arduino to my Desktop PC (Win7x64) using USB 2.0 <-works fine, but does not solve the problem
* Connecting the Arduino to my Desktop PC (Win7x64) using USB 3.0 <-works fine, but does not solve the problem
* Connecting the Arduino to my Notebook running Ubuntu <-works fine, but does not solve the problem

My USB 3.0 Controller is a Renesas µPD720200A with Firmware 4021 and Driver 2.1.39.0. Does anybody have an idea how I can get the Arduino working on my USB 3.0 Ports? Using the eSata port is no option since I want to connect my eSata HDD there.

Kind regards
SupeRalF

I just narrowed down the Problem. The Compatibility issue is between:

• Arduino Pro Micro
  • Windows 7 x64
  • Renesas USB 3.0 Controller: µPD720200A

A friend had an USB3.0 PCIe card with that controller lying around, so we plugged it in and the Arduino didn't work with that card, either. It only works with the µPD720200 (without "A").

I am thinking about buying another Arduino with the ATMega 32U4, but I wonder if that would work.
Can anybody confirm that his Arduino Leonardo / Micro / Pro Micro works on his USB 3.0 Port (Renesas µPD720200A)?
You can check the Controller by using HWInfo32 (Download, it's free) and navigate to your USB 3.0 Controller:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance
SupeRalF

I bought another Arduino (Arduino Micro) and it'st the same problem here. I did not find a way to get the Arduino working on my Notebook.
I figured out, that any other Bootloader than the Arduino works fine. So I will use the original LUFA Bootloader from now on.