Compilation problem

Why program is not compiling when I do? please tell me reasons. I have been learning arduino since a month.
when I compiled it is showing
exit status 1
compilation terminated

distance_tft.ino (1.63 KB)

You need to scroll in the window where the error you gave appeared: there will be more above that. You only posted the last 2 lines....

yeah I found :confused: . Thank you. Can you tell me now please? where to save all ino files?

fatal error: Adafruit_GFX_AS.h: No such file or directory

The file that's missing is a library: you need to go to adafruit and find the link to it there, and follow their instructions to download and install.

In the IDE go File > Preferences and see where your sketchbook is. Custom libraries should be in a folder called libraries, off the sketchbook.

saikrishna:
Why program is not compiling when I do? please tell me reasons. I have been learning arduino since a month.
when I compiled it is showing
exit status 1
compilation terminated

You haven’t shown the complete error message. This error usually means that there is a missing file, that has not been #included. Do you have the libraries ‘Adafruit_GFX_AS.h’ and ‘Adafruit_ILI9341_8bit_AS.h’
in the proper locations? The compiler is looking for them. If you DO have them in place (you can tell from the part of the error message you omitted) then you need to look inside those files to see if other files are #ncluded. If they are, #include them from your sketch, and put them where they belong (the 'libraries folder that is inside your sketch folder will do nicely.)

ps, EDIT whoops. Jimbo got here first with the answer.

Thanks

JimboZA: The file that's missing is a library: you need to go to adafruit and find the link to it there, and follow their instructions to download and install.

Can you send me the link to download the correct files. I downloaded and did the process as you said but i think it is not suitable file.

How would I know better than the vendor, where to get the library?