Compile Error - Repetier 0.92 Firmware for 3D printer

Hey guys

With the help of Federico in another thread I have managed to get my Arduino_Due_Repetier board to show up in the new 1.6.3 Arduino IDE (I need a specific variant board to enable a safety feature on the printer)

However when I try and compile and upload the Firmware to the printer I get the following errors during the compile phase. (I have selected the correct board and port for uploading)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Please bare in mind I am new to all of this and don’t know very much about code etc.

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Due for Repetier (Programming port)”
/Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:303:55: error: no matching function for call to ‘UARTClass::UARTClass(Uart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)’
UARTClass Serial(UART, UART_IRQn, ID_UART, &rx_buffer1);

• ^*
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:303:55: note: candidates are:
    In file included from /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.h:38:0,
  • from /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:19:*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/UARTClass.h:45:5: note: UARTClass::UARTClass(Uart*, IRQn_Type, uint32_t, RingBuffer*, RingBuffer*)
    UARTClass(Uart* pUart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer);
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/UARTClass.h:45:5: note: candidate expects 5 arguments, 4 provided
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/UARTClass.h:35:7: note: UARTClass::UARTClass(const UARTClass&)
    class UARTClass : public HardwareSerial
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/UARTClass.h:35:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:321:63: error: no matching function for call to ‘USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)’
    USARTClass Serial1(USART0, USART0_IRQn, ID_USART0, &rx_buffer2);
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:321:63: note: candidates are:
    In file included from /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.h:39:0,
  • from /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:19:*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn_Type, uint32_t, RingBuffer*, RingBuffer*)
    USARTClass(Usart* pUsart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer);
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: candidate expects 5 arguments, 4 provided
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(const USARTClass&)
    class USARTClass : public UARTClass
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:324:63: error: no matching function for call to ‘USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)’
    USARTClass Serial2(USART1, USART1_IRQn, ID_USART1, &rx_buffer3);
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:324:63: note: candidates are:
    In file included from /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.h:39:0,
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn_Type, uint32_t, RingBuffer*, RingBuffer*)
    USARTClass(Usart* pUsart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer);
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:108:5: note: candidate expects 5 arguments, 4 provided
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: USARTClass::USARTClass(const USARTClass&)
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.3/cores/arduino/USARTClass.h:66:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:327:63: error: no matching function for call to ‘USARTClass::USARTClass(Usart*, IRQn, int, RingBuffer*)’
    USARTClass Serial3(USART3, USART3_IRQn, ID_USART3, &rx_buffer4);
  • ^*
    /Users/D/Documents/Arduino/hardware/repetier/sam/variants/arduino_due_repetier/variant.cpp:327:63: note: candidates are:
  • ^*
  • ^*
    Error compiling.
  • This report would have more information with*
  • “Show verbose output during compilation”*
  • enabled in File > Preferences.*

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Mils24: UARTClass(Uart* pUart, IRQn_Type dwIrq, uint32_t dwId, RingBuffer* pRx_buffer, RingBuffer* pTx_buffer); ^

pTx_buffer is a new parameter added to the UART classes, I think it appeared in 1.6.0. It looks like you have got variant.cpp from a pre-1.6.0 build so it won't work.

I would suggest starting with a clean 1.6.3 setup and copy the arduino/sam folder again.

Unfortunately with 1.6.3 you are on the "bleeding edge", so expect problems! There are quite likely other problems compiling Repetier using 1.6.3.

Btw, I submitted a pull request for Due watchdog changes, oh, only about 9 months ago. If you have the ear of Federico, perhaps you can persuade him to expedite it :)

Hello Bobcousins

Thanks for getting back to me. From discussions with my 3D printer maker (Kickstarter project) he has told me he uses Arduino IDE 1.5.something which would explain why it worked with him and not for me.

I previously tried to install the Repetier firmware using 1.6.0 and it failed during the compile phase too hence the upgrade to 1.6.3. However from what you are saying this would explain why both are failing.

This morning I wiped all firmware files and Arduino files from my mac and clean installed 1.6.3. I then re-downloaded the firmware files from my email and with the help of Federico got the variant 'Arduino_Due_Repetier' board (for watchdog) to show up in the new Arduino 1.6.3 IDE.

Therefore after all that and it still didn't work, I assume it simply not work unless i got back to a pre 1.6xxx version??

Thanks.

Ps Yes Bob hopefully is Federico sees this thread again he will expedite the request and let us know!!